Great little Hawaiin sounding uke riff (you know the one you been searching for!)

eculuke

Reaction score
Since I have picked up the uke I have been on a search for a great little "go to" riff that has that Hawaiian sound and feel that I could impress my friends with. Sure I can play john mayer and cold play on the uke and even a Hawaiian vamp. I am sure many of you are looking for the same thing. Well recently while scouring you tube videos I found something that really fit the bill (for me). It took me back to my trip to the north shore and my first love of the ukulele 2 years ago. Its by "ukulele mike lynch". Its called Kona Breeze. I liked it so much I purchased the tab from him (as it is an original composition). So I cant provide the tab. But Im sure you can reach out to him to get it. Anyway its so much fun to play I figured I would share it with you. At first it was hard to learn and a little intimidating but after a few nights of playing it slowly its pretty easy and fun. Without further ado

"Kona Breeze"

http://youtu.be/0jDpjpr-_D0

Also I wasn't trying to plug this for sale...I have no affiliation with Mike...I just stumbled across this and thought it really is what a lot of people are looking for. I knew people might ask about the tab and since its his original I couldn't hand it out. But for $5 its money well spent. All my family members are impressed and love the tune.

I like it! It has an almost "Entertainer"-type feel to it. Old folksy but definitely Hawaiian through and through.

Here is my video of KONA BREEZE. . . The tablature is found in my UKULELE SOLO INSTRUMENTALS Volume 1
The audio is currently being used by an Australian Coffee company for its webside and will be the brides entrance music
for her wedding in a bout 10 weeks. I'm making the audio file available as either a wav file or an mp3
for a license fee.

i've laerned much from mike's vids.

heres another hawaiian tune that is well taught by hippieguy on uu, brad. aloha

I love that one. I'm going to purchase the tab as well. Speaking of hawaiin songs that inspire. The one that does it for me is "White Sandy Beach" by Iz. I'm in the process of leaning it.

Love it! I am looking for a Hawaiian song to learn. Not sure I can play this one but it sure inspires me! Thanks!

Love both of these... "Gonna" learn Pineapple Mango first, it's just so happy sounding!

Top Bottom