PDA

View Full Version : Great little Hawaiin sounding uke riff (you know the one you been searching for!)

eculuke
11-11-2011, 06:17 AM
Since I have picked up the uke I have been on a search for a great little "go to" riff that has that Hawaiian sound and feel that I could impress my friends with. Sure I can play john mayer and cold play on the uke and even a Hawaiian vamp. I am sure many of you are looking for the same thing. Well recently while scouring you tube videos I found something that really fit the bill (for me). It took me back to my trip to the north shore and my first love of the ukulele 2 years ago. Its by "ukulele mike lynch". Its called Kona Breeze. I liked it so much I purchased the tab from him (as it is an original composition). So I cant provide the tab. But Im sure you can reach out to him to get it. Anyway its so much fun to play I figured I would share it with you. At first it was hard to learn and a little intimidating but after a few nights of playing it slowly its pretty easy and fun. Without further ado

"Kona Breeze"

http://youtu.be/0jDpjpr-_D0

Trinimon
11-11-2011, 07:28 AM
I love the sound of this. Might have to buy the tabs as well. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

Lalz
11-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Ah, very nice! Some Hawaiian sunshine in this cold English weather! Thanks for sharing!
I very much like his videos, he's a good teacher.

mm stan
11-11-2011, 08:19 AM
Nice song and Mike did a great job.. wow Mike without his signature mustache...

eculuke
11-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Also I wasn't trying to plug this for sale...I have no affiliation with Mike...I just stumbled across this and thought it really is what a lot of people are looking for. I knew people might ask about the tab and since its his original I couldn't hand it out. But for $5 its money well spent. All my family members are impressed and love the tune.

UkueBass23
11-11-2011, 09:17 AM
I like it! It has an almost "Entertainer"-type feel to it. Old folksy but definitely Hawaiian through and through.

eculuke
11-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Its super fun to play once you get it........

MusicTeacher2009
04-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Here is my video of KONA BREEZE. . . The tablature is found in my UKULELE SOLO INSTRUMENTALS Volume 1
The audio is currently being used by an Australian Coffee company for its webside
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jDpjpr-_D0and will be the brides entrance music
for her wedding in a bout 10 weeks. I'm making the audio file available as either a wav file or an mp3
for a license fee.

Steedy
04-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Oh, that's real pretty!

coolkayaker1
04-19-2012, 06:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3swnvoHa4U

i've laerned much from mike's vids.

heres another hawaiian tune that is well taught by hippieguy on uu, brad. aloha

njukeman
04-21-2012, 01:52 AM
I love that one. I'm going to purchase the tab as well. Speaking of hawaiin songs that inspire. The one that does it for me is "White Sandy Beach" by Iz. I'm in the process of leaning it.

flyingv8
04-21-2012, 02:29 AM
Love it! I am looking for a Hawaiian song to learn. Not sure I can play this one but it sure inspires me! Thanks!

WOBster
04-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Love both of these... "Gonna" learn Pineapple Mango first, it's just so happy sounding!