WTB: Worth Clear Flourocarbon Concert strings

eculuke

Reaction score
I know elderly has them but I was wondering if any member had an extra set they would want to sell me. I heard elderly takes forever for shipping. Looking for the clear concert set. Let me know if you have an extra pack you are willing to part with. I have paypal ready.

Thanks
Luke

Well, first off, Elderly is actually super fast in shipping. I usually get my orders in 3 days, and I'm in SoCal. Where ever you heard about the shipping thing is just wrong.

That being said, you could also try eBay for it. The price may be a bit lower, even taking shipping into account. Though those times may be longer. Also, if you haven't, maybe you can check out either UkeRepubli (ukerepublic.com) or check with Mim.

Best of luck!

Mim was the logical choice since she is in my state...but she doesnt stock them as of now. I was crossing my fingers to find an east coaster with a set to part with. I know about all the sources you mentioned, just trying my luck here.

Luke

If you like worth I think you would really like South coast strings . Worth were my favorite until I tried South Coast now I will never go back . They are priced right and they ship Fast

Like PoiDog, I have no idea where you heard that Elderly is slow to ship. I have purchased from them numerous times over the years and they have been nothing less than excellent. For what its worth.

If you like worth I think you would really like South coast strings . Worth were my favorite until I tried South Coast now I will never go back . They are priced right and they ship Fast

+1 on South Coast over Worth.

Elderly ships super fast. I get shipments to Chicago in 36 hours. Not sure where you are getting your info.

I will add to the Elderly love- many shipments, including instruments, all on my door step in three days without fail. Not sure where you heard they were slow, but that is wrong

Another +1 for Southcoast over Worth.

Just an update....the day I posted this...after seeing responses..I decided to buy from them from elderly...the same day 11/11 6:20pm and just checked my mail and still haven't gotten them.....Just wanted to reinforce my concern about long shipping time.

Another +1 for Southcoast over Worth.
Not to disagree, but I usually get a headache when I look at southcoast page and try to select the gauge I want, finally give up to buy from them.

plus I paid $6 dollars for shipping....I am pretty sure they will come in a normal envelope (probably on monday for a total of 10 days. On the flip side I ordered a nikon camera lens off of amazon.com at 7pm last night, paid 3.99 for overnight option and had it by lunch today.......oh well...

That is very odd....If I order early on a Monday I can have an instrument to me by Tuesday....the next morning! Maybe it is more an issue of the USPS than Elderly...Check your account and it will show what day they shipped. If it is the same day or next it would be hard to place the blame on them.....

Not to disagree, but I usually get a headache when I look at southcoast page and try to select the gauge I want, finally give up to buy from them.

Get a 3-set combo pack sampler and that should have you covered (for C tuning there 4 choices of SC-FC strings: medium or light gauge/soft or regular formulation). Generally for C-tuning: med for soprano, light for concert/tenor.

http://www.southcoastukes.com/stringuide_files/combopacks.htm

Top Bottom