Kamaka Concert (HF-2) Gold Label Tiki model (1969)

Status
Not open for further replies.

basilhenriques

Reaction score
Kamaka Concert (HF-2) Gold Label Tiki Concert model (1969)
OFFERS ! by E-Mail to basil@waikiki-islanders.com

Mahalo nui, thank you so much for looking. The pictures (Albeit badly taken) of the body etc. The good lady wife's camera is Koʻo kapu for me. So notwithstanding the poor quality here are a few of those bad pictures I'm forced to accept. Of note is the fact that the internal label is GOLD.

idol.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

There isn't any date information on the neck block or elsewhere, but yes I am selling it. As for it's provenance... It was bought in Hawaii (I know not when) by my dear friend Ron Whittaker, who's dying breath was to instruct his family to get me to value and dispose of his instruments, record and music collection and his magic props. He was my mentor into the "Magic Circle" of the Mercian Mystics. An avid fan of my band he often visited us when we were resident at the "Castaways" night club. Like Pat and myself, Ron was good friends with the Moe family and visited them in Hawaii.

My task is to get the best possible HOME for his instruments and see that they are in good and caring hands, with this in mind I do NOT propose to place any of them on E-Bay or the likes.
Ron's story can be seen HERE

With regard to the Kamaka Concert Ukulele, I will entertain reasonable offers and would be delighted to see it 'Go Home' and be loved and played.

Also in my possession are 5 mint condition circulated copies of "The Hawaiian Ukulele" the 50th State Royal Hawaiian Complete Modern Method (D & C Tunings)
by Kealoha Life.
ISBN 0 9506816 1 X
ASIN: 095068161X
EAN: 9780950681610
Published by Ron Whitaker..

One of these is already reserved to whomsoever buys the Kamaka.

This post and it's content will continue to honour my dear friend Ron...
Ka mâlamalama o ke Akua e ho`opuni mai iâ kâkou

Ke aloha o ke Akua e kîpuni mai iâ kâkou

Ka mana o ke Akua e ho`opakele mai iâ kâkou

e alo o ke Akua e mâlama mai iâ kâkou

Ma kahi â kâkou, e hele aku ai he Akua nô
Amene

Aloha Basil,
I am intrested in your kamaka...I would cherish it and give it all the love...and it would be coming home to hawaii... yes it will be loved and played..PM me asap... MM Stan

thank you Stan!
I was almost thinking about sending PM myself, even though my new HF-2 is right besides me now :)

I sent her an email as requested for the offer or my post and pm woulda been first.

oh, the tension. I read this and got to my email site ASAP and hopefully typed clear enough for her to read. haha

ooohhhh....I feel like I'm watching a live auction.....where's that doggone popcorn.... :drool:

all is falling nicely into place...now, you buy it Stan and then sell it on to me....perfect

Stop rooting for Stan everybody!!! I want to buy this to ultimately gift this to my 3 month old baby.

mojo life is sooo good.jpg

I can send a puppy to Stan if I win.

Sorry Suzuk but gotta root for my buddy!!

I can be your buddy too.

How are things? Its good to hear from you. How's the weather??

ok, I 've been hawking my email account for the last 20 minutes waiting a reply. I gotta go eat breakfast and try to calm down. haha.

this is fun.

Ha ha yeah we are all trying to slow our breathing down waiting for the outcome of this one.

basil? basil? Did you not get my NUMEROUS pm's and emails my dear friend of friends??? he he

Stop rooting for Stan everybody!!! I want to buy this to ultimately gift this to my 3 month old baby.

View attachment 29854

I can send a puppy to Stan if I win.
Aloha Frank,
Don't say that it's going to a 3 month baby..or you won't get it..ha ha... the story is daddy wants it ...didn't you just buy a collins ukulele just a day ago????:):)
Sorry puppy consolations don't work for me....ha ha send me the collins uke then....tee hee hee

Last edited:
I wouldn't dare get in the middle of this dogfight Eugene. I'd be afraid they would come all the way to Kentucky and beat me down

It's OK brother Mark...plane flights to Tasmania at the arse end of the world very expensive. I feel very safe here!!!! Just stirring the pot mate ....hehe. It's a good one though because both Stan and Frank know exactly what they like as they have a keen eye for both beautiful ukes and good investments

oooh....time for more popcorn!!!!! :drool:

It's OK brother Mark...plane flights to Tasmania at the arse end of the world very expensive. I feel very safe here!!!! Just stirring the pot mate ....hehe. It's a good one though because both Stan and Frank know exactly what they like as they have a keen eye for both beautiful ukes and good investments

oooh....time for more popcorn!!!!! :drool:
I'll have some of that popcorn Eugene. Still anxiously awaiting the outcome of this one.

Hey don't wanna get the thread closed.. it's definitely NOT an auction, just looking for reasonable remuneration and a good home for an Hawaiian Exile.. I'll take on board all suggestions (Presuming they are humanly possible) and consider the best route to take. I would prefer the Uke to return to its homeland and be reunited with what I presume is a temperate climate.. Although with the global warming, the United Kingdom will soon rival France for grapes and wine production..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom