Kamaka Concert (HF-2) Gold Label Tiki model (1969) £600

Status
Not open for further replies.

basilhenriques

Reaction score
PLEASE see THIS post..
For SALE
Kamaka Concert (HF-2) Gold Label Tiki model (1969)

1. Picture of the actual ukulele being sold. Not a stock photo of the model
See above link ..

2. Reason why you are selling the instrument .. see above link..

3. Price and Terms (S&H etc) £600.00 (PayPal incurs 2.5% extra) buyer arranges S&H, or mutual agreement on terms.
NO Commercial dealers, Private buyers only. See above link for reasons.

What's MOST annoying is that you can't quote from a "Closed"post so all the formatting has to be done again..that's bad preference settings. fo sure..:rolleyes: and It means that I'd have to go through the formatting procedure all over again because access to the post's BBS format isn't available to copy/paste, which is NOT the norm on other forums ANYWHERE..

Last edited:
wow!!! wonderful condition and a highly sought after vintage uke...should sell fast

Hopefully going to a member of a good community..I've met some real nice people here, I'm sure my friend Ron Whittaker would approve..See link above..

Nah..not sold.. hopefully it will be going to a member of this community.... =
hopefully |ˈhōpfəlē|
adverb
2 [ sentence adverb ] it is to be hoped that : speculative presumption...
Had it BEEN sold it would have read in the definitive "it IS' or "It's" going etc.
We certainly have the Trans-Atlancic/Trans-Pacific syndrome occurring here. It's because we're almost at the antipode and as such there's a solid metal core betwixt HI and UK..
Maybe GBS was right when he stated "Two countries separated by a common language.." Nonetheless we CAN communicate via our love of music. fo sure.

Last edited:
Nah..not sold.. hopefully it will be going to a member of this community.... =
hopefully |ˈhōpfəlē|
adverb
2 [ sentence adverb ] it is to be hoped that : speculative presumption...
Had it BEEN sold it would have read in the definitive "it IS' or "It's" going etc.
We certainly have the Trans-Atlancic/Trans-Pacific syndrome occurring here. It's because we're almost at the antipode and as such there's a solid metal core betwixt HI and UK..
Maybe GBS was right when he stated "Two countries separated by a common language.." Nonetheless we CAN communicate via our love of music. fo sure.

gee settle down brother...the past has passed, eh? It's a new day...

I sent an email and pm. I await a reply.

Anyways, whoever gets this I'm sure will be happy.

This thing must be sold because I didn't even get an acknowledgement. Best of luck to the buyer.

This "THING" ??? is probably sold pending arrangements. As for acknowledgement and responding sooner, some of us have a life outside of the forums, and I, myself, me, have been gigging as is my wont, raising as I do money for charity.

The man I work with (Bob Brolly MBE) is a BBC Radio presenter and singer, during the past ten years as Bob's musical arranger and bandleader, we (And our team) have raised over £3,000,000 (USD $ 5,000,000) for our chosen charities. In fairness, the time I've spent on this forum selling this Uke has not been in vain, but has probably cost me.

Only to fulfil the dying wishes of a friend and lover of Hawaiian music would I have ventured to be here. This is not meant in a condescending way just as a fact that my time could and would normally be spent paying back God and the world for helping me through Poliomyelitis and curing me from what was diagnosed as being a permanently crippled left side. The 1949 epidemic was the worst in Europe and took me along with countless thousands of others. An Iron Lung was to be my home when I SHOULD have been at school, so I was only able to read books via two mirrors and whatever nurse condescended to turn the pages, causing me to read each one MANY times. My education was self, as I say , "I know a little, but the little I know, I know a lot about." and as is said of me in Nashville music circles "Don't ask basil the time, he'll tell you how to build Big Ben"
{Actually you CAN'T build Big Ben as it's not the clock it's the name of the bell, the clock is the "Parliament Clock Tower"}

Google Bob Brolly BBC or Basil Henriques, you'll see whomsoever we are. As for myself, Having sold over 3 million units as a solo artist, I COULD have retired at 25 years of age, but continue to "Pass it On" to my select few avid students.

My wife and I also continue the family tradition of the group Waikiki Islanders, formed in 1937 by Pat's dad, we continue to perform and MUST be the longest performing Hawaiian music group (A position formerly held by the Kalima Hawaiians in the Guinness book of records)

I WILL update this thread as needs must..
and I promise not to annoy your moderators ?? again..with my indiscretions and childish mistakes.
I definitely did NOT appreciate the lambasting I got, especially as it was a "Knee Jerk" reaction taken BEFORE reading the full content of the thread in question.
It would NEVER happen on my forum.. (Soapbox now dismounted)
Basil (Pakile Henriques)
(Generally known to be bombastic, arrogant, self oppinionated and also not bad on the Hawaiian Guitar.)

Last edited:
It sounds like you got a great life. Thanks for putting this uke on UU.

I visited the Steel Guitar site and listened to your playing. Wow! (enough said)

As an unbiased third party without a "dog in the fight" as it were, Mr. Henriques, it appears that you are taking things a little too personal that weren't meant to be personal. SuzukHammer was not intending to lambaste you or be confrontational by saying he guessed it was sold because he hadn't received a response. While I realize you may be unfamiliar with the forum, that doesn't necessitate taking personal offense at comments like that. I wish you all the best in selling your ukulele, it is a beautiful piece of history, but you might have better luck with it if you took a little less confrontational tone in your posts. That definitely may not be what is intended, but remember that tone doesn't really carry over the internet and all we have is words to go by. So when reading or posting, it's a good idea to think in terms of "I'm not really sure if he meant that in a personal way, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt." That's all I really have to say on the matter.

/Will continue to lurk

Wow. Just...wow.

This thread is like a black hole of aloha.

I gotta agree with Phil here. Basil, it seems that either your sense of humor is incredibly dry (which, given your location may very well be the case), or you are incredibly sensitive. It would appear that you mistakenly find mortal offense and insult at every turn, and your comments can easily be misinterpreted as you coming off as haughty. Almost as if it is physically painful for you to have to waste your precious time (which is far more valuable and important than ours) to come among us ignorant plebes and sacrifice your "THING" to such unwashed barbarians. Good lord, for all you know, we may just drill holes in the back and mount it on our wall as a trinket, or remove the soundboard and use it to serve salads!

Seriously, as I mentioned before, I think this is just a rather extreme case of misunderstanding (not fault): yours for not being familiar with the culture (for lack of a better word) and procedure on UU and others for not getting your sarcastic personality.

Wow. Glad I am not interested.

I, for one, am happy the man gave the UU community first crack at such a valued instrument.

I have bought many ukes and have also had sellers choose not to sell for whatever reasons and I've learned that thats just fine.

We all have bigger things in life. Trust me, I value my new baby boy much more than I value any or all of my ukes.

That doesn't mean I still don't get excited at the prospect of owning something I'd like to have. I think there were a lot of anxious buyers interested in the outcome. My earlier post was just to inform others that I felt the vibes that somebody was working the sale. I was merely pointing out the fact that none of my 2 600 pound proposals were not answered and that was the basis for the vibes I felt about the uke in process of being sold.

It was great fun to be able to have that slight chance at buying the Tiki.

Last edited:
Please guys, can you be civil about this...you all know the forum ettiquette...I dont want this thread locked.. I really want this ukulele...
Can't we all get along when we have a common bond with the ukulele and music.. thank you for your cooperation...Happy Strummings, Stan

I am reminded of the Brady Bunch "Peter Brady possesses a tiki" episode where the tiki brings bad luck.

Its the only consolation for losing out to buying it. :)

Please note: this is an attempt at humor. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom