PDA

View Full Version : Can't find uncle Rod

peatstackron
11-11-2011, 11:35 PM
Hi all,
I have heard a lot on this forum about Uncle Rod's boot camp but can't seem to find it. Looked in Google and got confused over how to proceed through the site. Can somebody give me some guidance please? I read that there is a section on how to improve chord changes, something I need to improve on a lot before I can really start to progress. I keep practicing but not getting there with smooth changes. It seems the more I concentrate on the changes my rhythm goes or I have a blank moment.I am confident I will get there in the end but any help will be appreciated.

Bye for now
Peatstack.

kaizersoza
11-12-2011, 12:09 AM
i have been playing the uke since june peat and i use uncle rods boot camp every day it does really help your playing, if you want a copy PM me your e-mail addy and i'll send it to you, also you will get to a stage with a lot of practise that you won't think about where your fingers go when playing a chord they will just go therejust keep practising then practise some more

kaizer

heymak
11-12-2011, 03:30 AM
The links are in his signature. Here's one of his post to find it.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?43017-Self-Examination-Tool-for-Ukulele-Proficiency&p=617926#post617926

sugengshi
11-12-2011, 03:40 AM
Here is the direct link to the Ukulele Boot Camp by Uncle Rod Higuchi:

http://www.4shared.com/document/KP2gt1kl/2011_revised_Ukulele_Boot_Camp.html

Uncle Rod Higuchi
03-15-2012, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the assistance Fellow UUers!

Unfortunately, sugengshi's link goes nowhere ever since 4shared somehow wiped out the document/pdf.

heymak's link works because the links under my signature have been updated.

The updated links are also under my signature below. : )

enjoy and keep uke'in' everybody,

cantsing
03-15-2012, 07:39 AM
Hi all,
I keep practicing but not getting there with smooth changes. It seems the more I concentrate on the changes my rhythm goes or I have a blank moment.

Hi Peatstack,
Uncle Rod's Bootcamp will help--it focuses your attention on chord changes rather than on playing songs.

In general, when I am learning a song, I don't practice the entire song over and over. I focus on practicing any chord changes that are giving me difficulty. I start out playing a problem chord change over and over, very slowly, as slowly as needed to make the change smoothly and consistently. I do this a little bit every day, and as the change becomes easier, I pick up speed. When I reach the point where I can play the problem chord changes smoothly, then I start practicing the entire song, adding in strum patterns, etc.

As you say, you will get there in the end!

ukuLily Mars
03-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Peatstack, I'm so glad you started this thread! And everyone who posted practice tips -- I wasn't specifically looking for that but now that I found this I'm going to work some of these tips into my daily practice.

Thanks everyone!