Brand new Mya-Moe for sale at myamoeukuleles.com

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
There's a so-new-it's-still-being-built Mya-Moe Master Grade Blue Pond Myrtle Tenor Classic (#530) available directly from Mya-Moe. It'll be completed on November 17, and according to the post on Mya-Moe's Facebook page, it's available because the person who had ordered it had to cancel.

The real cool thing is that people on Facebook are trying to raise the money to buy it for the person who ordered it, so if you don't want to buy this uke but would like to engage in a random act of kindness, head over to Mya-Moe's Facebook page.

530-10.jpg

Last edited:
That one is gone already, but the offer from FB'ers still stands to raise the $$ for the original purchaser for another uke instead. Char & Gordon have even offered to throw down $400 so that the price to raise for the OP is now only $800. If anyone wants to contribute toward that purchase, you can do so at Mya-Moe's FB page. I'd be throwing in on it myself, but my daughter is getting married in two weeks, so otherwise discretionary income is somewhat reserved!

Update--This ukulele has been sold, but the folks at Mya-Moe posted this on the MM Facebook page this morning:

"Wow--what an idea to wake up to in the morning! This one sold immediately, but we'd be glad to build him another. The cost of the one we will build is $1200. If you all raise $800, we'll put in the other $400. gordon, char & aaron." If you're interested in helping, please leave a comment here.

Wow is right! I lost my job a week ago, how do I get strangers to buy me a Mya-Moe? LOL, seriously though I've already contributed in previous scenarios, and I can say that it will definitely do the contributors a world of good. The only thing that really makes a difference that counts while we're here is how we treat our fellows.

For those who are interested : the funds have been raised and an instrument will now be built for the original purchaser!

That is a heck of an aloha spirit! Congrats to all involved :)

http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/news.php

Unbelievable Story of the Ukulele Community

Nov 13, 2011

Two days before the completion of a custom instrument, we got an email from the prospective owner asking to cancel the order. He had lost his job due to a long-term illness. We refunded his deposit immediately, and then put the instrument up for sale with an explanation of why it was available. It sold in 2 hours.

But, one of our owners saw the Facebook post and said he’d contribute $100 towards purchasing another Mya-Moe for the person. We had already gone to bed when this happened, and by the time we got up and saw this, there was $250 committed. Of course we agreed to this plan, and said that if the “group” raised $800, we’d build the ukulele. Well, that occurred within the next day.

We just wrote to the customer, and received this response...

“Unbelievable, i'm speechless.....Cant stop crying! Overwhelmed”
Ukulele Lovers....beautiful people
What a beautiful story
Thanks to all! I will never forget .....”

And, it is a story that Char and I will never forget either.

That's what ALOHA is all about! Gotta love it...

Top Bottom