Bach on my Bass :)

happyslappysoong

Reaction score
Hi all!

Just thought i'd share me playing some Bach on bass :). Please critique. I know this is very far from perfect!!!

thanks guys!
Dan

Heck yeah man!!! Awesome job!!

Technically, you are pretty much there. Some flubs here and there, but overall it's technically very good.

Musically speaking, it's flat. Keep in mind, I LOVE the cello suites; I've studied and played the entire first suite on electric bass over the past ten years, and have some great recordings of it. I would recommend that you pick up the cello suites recorded by Dmitri Rostropovich, which many consider the penultimate version. What you want to really focus on at this point is phrasing, breath, dynamics, ebb and flow of the lines. The suites really flow well, but you need to work on linking the notes together into phrases and lines instead of just notes on the page.

Technically, you are pretty much there. Some flubs here and there, but overall it's technically very good.

Musically speaking, it's flat. Keep in mind, I LOVE the cello suites; I've studied and played the entire first suite on electric bass over the past ten years, and have some great recordings of it. I would recommend that you pick up the cello suites recorded by Dmitri Rostropovich, which many consider the penultimate version. What you want to really focus on at this point is phrasing, breath, dynamics, ebb and flow of the lines. The suites really flow well, but you need to work on linking the notes together into phrases and lines instead of just notes on the page.

I think I agree with you! Thanks for your comment. I'm continuing to practice this piece with phrasing and breath.

Top Bottom