Ghetto homemade duct tape case

ejnovinsky

Reaction score
Well I made a ghetto cigar box uke, and by default I figured I should make an equally ghetto case. So I started messing around with some cardboard, and duct tape, and came up with this....Go figure it turned out to be extremely functional, and i think it fits the style of my little cigar box quite well.....I swiped some ugly fabric from my wifes sewing room to line it with ...there is a raised section on the bottom that cradles the neck, and the lid is padded to hold the uke in the case solidly...closure is just a big fat rubber band. Funny how something that starts out as a silly whim ends up bring something that works so well....and best of all its free! !cid__1112012244.jpg!cid__1112012243a.jpg!cid__1112012243.jpg

Have you thought of wood grained Wallpaper for the exterior..and black electrical tape for the bindings..ha ha

Man...you should have figured a way to use some 550 paracord in your creation! That would've made it the ultimate survival case!!

By using duct tape for your case, you have used one of the two most important creations know to man for general "fix it" purposes. Now you need to get some vice grips to keep it shut. :)

That's a super cool job, i'm getting lots of ideas running through my head now for other applications.

Thanks Im quite happy with it as well....I took into a shop today to try to get some tuners fitted, and it got alot of looks case, and uke both....P-co..it does make me wonder what else I could build out of it......a duct tape uke?

lol that is brilliant

Have you thought of wood grained Wallpaper for the exterior..and black electrical tape for the bindings..ha ha

hey that is a nice idea Stan! I should make one like that for my cigarbox uke :)

That's going to be on "antiques road show" some day...

That's going to be on "antiques road show" some day...

Ha...yeah it'll be in segment where they bring out the garbage man who always picking "treasures" out of peoples trash right after Ive gone the way of the Dodo, and my kids junk all my various collections......

Top Bottom