Hi from Angus

angusdegraosta

Reaction score
I've been reading posts here on Ukulele Underground for a while and practicing tunes on a red Makala Dolphin, which is more than decent for something so inexpensive. I'm from Long Island. I got into uke picking up a friends's soprano. In time I'll be looking for an instrument with good sound, action, and intonation. Right now I'm practicing songs such as Five Foot Two, If I had You, Courting in the Kitchen, Wild Mountain Thyme, Istanbul (Not Constantinople), Got Me A Woman, and When I Paint My Masterpiece. I've even contrived an instrumental of my own. I played double bass in high school and some guitar as well. I dig ukes in all sizes. I'm sure I'll be posting again in the other threads.

Welcome to the UU!!

Welcome! Glad you joined us. Is there a ukulele bass in your future? Lots of uke meetup groups would love to have a bass player. good luck with your uking.

Welcome! Glad you joined us. Is there a ukulele bass in your future? Lots of uke meetup groups would love to have a bass player. good luck with your uking.

Now that's a good question. Saw a Kala U-Bass in Sam Goody's and haven't picked it up yet. I did pick up the baritone. There's an instrument that needs more love - a good mellow sound to it.

Top Bottom