Lanikai S-T

strumsilly

Reaction score
Just aquired a Lanikai S-T and I have to say I'm very impressed. Was looking for another tenor to string low G and saw this for cheap on ebay.[it was damaged] I'd heard these were a lot of bang for the buck. They are less than $200 new, and I paid a lot less than that. These are solid spruce top, lam mahogany back and sides. gloss with some tasteful binding on top and back. It plays beautifully and sounds great, loud and clear. Definitely would recommend this as a great starter or 2nd beater.

Congrats on the new uke. I am the happy owner of one I purchased used from another forum member. Well, it was supposed to be used, but it looked brand spanking new when I got it. Anyhow, before I even purchased my uke, I played one at a local Sam Ash, and couldn't put it down. I even compared it with other, higher priced ukes, but kept going back to the Lanikai. Sure enough, just a couple of weeks later, a forum member was selling his, and I scooped it up. I am still extremely happy with the purchase. It's nice and loud with a deep sound. I am playing it at church with anywhere from 12 to 24 kids singing along with it, and the uke can still be heard beautifully.

My lanikai S-T is a keeper, as I'm sure yours will be too.

Dan

Top Bottom