Anyone know about this uke?

Looks like a Harmony made 20's instrument to me. Solid mahogany, and it may have been varnished at some point, looks a little shiny. It would be a fun vintage uke.

This is evidently a quality instrument by today's standards. It has a very "vintage" shape and I like it a lot. Depends on price. If wanted another mahogany soprano, I'd certainly give $100 bucks for it. Shouldn't cost much to have that crack repaired. Even though I don't need it, if the starting was lower, I'd probably snag it myself.
Good luck. Looks lovely to me.

I would guess it's a Supertone, which is to say, made by Harmony. I have seen that wide, extended fretboard before on Supertones as well as, if I recall correctly, the headstock shape.

It does look like maybe the bridge has been reglued - or maybe that's just string dust but the uke looked pretty well wiped clean other than that white spot on the A side of the bridge...

Even if it has been, it's not necessarily a bad thing if it was done well. It's just that the white spot makes me think somebody may have super glued it and it fogged the finish... :)

John

Top Bottom