Two for two!

mattydee

Reaction score
Well, after falling in love the uke last year, I've started looking for opportunities to play it whenever I go on stage in a play (which I do fairly often, as it's my profession.) In May, I was in a production of Compleat Wrks of Willm Shakspr Abridged in Kentucky, and my character was supposed to play the recorder, but I convinced the director to let me play uke instead. I somehow got the opening riff of Stairway to Heaven in, in addition to the Jeopardy theme (thanks to Woodshed's tab) and a couple of other little interludes.

Then, today i started rehearsals for a remount of a Christmas show I've done before, here in Milwaukee, called Scrooge In Rouge, (it's A Christmas Carol in the style of an English Panto), and the music director and I found a perfect place to put in a ukulele break! We spent the afternoon rehearsing the break, and looked at rechoreographing so the uke is featured.

I'm so excited that I finally feel confident enough to start playing in shows. Combining two of my loves is such a great feeling!

Top Bottom