Baines Ukulele Orchestra - I Will Survive

spookefoote

Reaction score
Lancashire, UK (Just around the corner from George
Here we go again folks! We recently had some visitors to our school from Sri Lanka who requested that the Ukulele Orchestra play for them.

So this is what they got! Our apologies to Gloria Gaynor!

Enjoy and please leave comments.

Excellent! I'm sure your guests enjoyed it as much as I did. What fun!
Don

Well done. That was great! Somehow I suspect the kids are queued up waiting to sign up for your classes... :)

Oh, and tell the young ladies they have lovely voices.

John

Oh my goodness- I think I am crying...this makes me happier than I thought I could be. Freaking great!

That's great Spookefoote! "All" should feel proud! Happiness comes while playing Ukuleles. Wish all kids had the opportunity.

(Banjo Ukes next?)

What a great music teacher you must be! All the kids are smiling and it looks like a ton of fun. (I especially like the men's voices. Maybe try "Song of the Volga Boatmen" next.)

A teacher's impact can last forever, and your students are really lucky to have you. Not only do they now know instrument-playing, but they'll also carry music-is-cool-fun all their lives.

Fantastic work! Now I'm going to watch your other videos.

Thanks for your kind words. It's both farmerboy and myself that organise the students but without their enthusiasm and the support of their parents it would be pointless. Kids these days get so much bad press but ours just show that not all kids are hanging round street corners causing trouble. Some are leaning on a lamp post with a ukulele.

Dear Spookefoote,

That was four minutes and one second of distilled awesome, but please, PLEASE, teach your students to take a bow (they certainly have earned it).

why thank you - It's a joy to play the bass, but I do miss the uke from time to time.

as far as "banjo ukes" go - we only have the two in the group at the moment - Spookefoote and one of the girl singers. It'd be nice to have more, but really the joy comes from the fact that the singers (including me and spookefoote) can be heard above the rest of the group without microphones if need be and 20 banjo ukes would render this nearly impossible! (plus they're not exactly cheap you know and the kids have all bought their own ukes!).

Thanks for all your positive comments - we'll pass them on to the kids tomorrow ;)

i thought that was fantastic its really refreshing to see all the kids jamming and jamming excellently, loved your little addys spookefoote they were really good fun, you, farmerboy and all the kids must have worked really hard, i had a lump in my throat can't wait for the next song, well done to you all

Nice, I'll have to pass this on to my friend who has started a uke group at his school.

Top Bottom