Cordoba 25TK-CE (Solid Acacia Acoustic Electric Tenor)<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

allanr

Reaction score
<SOLD>
In order to regain some control over my UAS, I am putting my Cordoba up for sale at a bargain basement price!

Here is what you can expect to pay for a new one in the real world, http://www.amazon.com/Cordoba-25TK-CE-Acoustic-Electric-Ukulele/dp/B001IKFI4O

[revised November 18] I am selling mine for $120, including a Gator gig bag, buyer pays actual shipping.

This uke looks amazing, sounds great, and plays beautifully. I've also made some big improvements to it from the way I received it. But, please note - the uke also has a few issues which is part of the reason it is priced so reasonably.

Improvements:
- Crappy geared tuners replaced with nice smooth Grovers
- Sharp fret edges filed and smoothed
- High frets lowered
- Strap button added
- New Aquila low-G strings

Issues:
- Although this uke was sold as "new", someone had overtightened the C string at one time to the point that the bridge has an indentation. Almost invisible when strung, but obvious when unstrung.
- Frets are still a bit rough over the sound board, as I was reluctant to file there.
- The battery case cover would not stay closed when a battery was installed, so it is currently kept closed by a single tiny drop of model airplane glue. This will have to be gently popped loose when the battery needs changing.
- The finish is imperfect. In most situations this is not even noticeable, but when the light is just right (just wrong?) there is a bit of unevenness.

This particular uke is unlabeled and carries no logo. It was a dealer sample provided to a major retailer as a pre-production sample.

Cordoba "Koa" ukuleles are made of solid Acacia Koa, the exact same species as found on Hawai'i, from tree stock imported into Portugal from Hawai'i. You will see quite a bit of discussion on various threads as to whether or not Cordoba is justified in calling there would "Koa". Whatever ones opinion on this, the wood on this uke is STUNNING!

Pix in next post.
Price $120 including Gator gig bag. PayPal only. Buyer to pay actual shipping cost. [pricing revised November 18]

Last edited:
First five pictures. More to follow.

Attachments

• IMG_1004.jpg
    IMG_1004.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1005.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1006.jpg
    IMG_1006.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1007.jpg
    IMG_1007.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1008.jpg
    IMG_1008.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 57
Additional pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_1009.jpg
    IMG_1009.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1010.jpg
    IMG_1010.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1011.jpg
    IMG_1011.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1012.jpg
    IMG_1012.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
BTW...

Shipping from Canada to the USA for a uke has cost me from $50 to $75, so the "real" price on this for me is only going to be 125 if I'm lucky. I hope that explains my inability to be more flexible on the price.

PM me if interested.

BTW...

Shipping from Canada to the USA for a uke has cost me from $50 to $75, so the "real" price on this for me is only going to be 125 if I'm lucky. I hope that explains my inability to be more flexible on the price.

PM me if interested.

BUMP
Please note, the price has been reduced from 175 to 120 and now includes a gig bag, but but no longer includes shipping.

Looks like actual shipping cost will be a few pennies less than $45 to US Lower 48, unless there is a big difference between the coasts and the Midwest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom