PDA

View Full Version : Can you order a KoAloha?

jgeary
11-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Hi everyone,
Is it possible to order a custom KoAloha? I have communicated with the nice folks at KoAloha and, for now, they are not taking any orders for custom instruments (nor is there a waiting list). All I'm looking for is the Herb Ohta Signature (with the curly maple binding), and would prefer an ebony fingerboard. So nothing too "out of the ordinary."

Thanks!
Jill

Trinimon
11-15-2011, 09:35 AM
I think they will do semi-custom orders ie ebony, rosewood or koa fingerboard, bowtie or crown bridge etc. For the Herb Ohta Signature uke, you're probably best asking the KoAloha folks.

dnewton2
11-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Is this a question? It sounds like you have answered your own, if you have communicated with Koaloha and they said they are not taking custom orders. Where else would you order it from? I would just keep in contact with Koaloha and hope a spot opens up.

I have played a Black label and that thing was amazing. I was saving up for a while to buy it but it sold before I got enough $$. Best of luck getting the uke you want.

haolejohn
11-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Is this a question? It sounds like you have answered your own, if you have communicated with Koaloha and they said they are not taking custom orders. Where else would you order it from? I would just keep in contact with Koaloha and hope a spot opens up.

I have played a Black label and that thing was amazing. I was saving up for a while to buy it but it sold before I got enough $$. Best of luck getting the uke you want.

I agree with this statement.

Plainsong
11-15-2011, 11:49 AM
If you're asking if any reseller deals in custom Koalohas, ukulelefriend.com seems to occasionally have one. Otherwise, it sounds asked and answered to me too. :)

Ronnie Aloha
11-15-2011, 12:12 PM
http://www.herbohtajr.com/index/shop/ukuleles/hoj3g.html

jgeary
11-16-2011, 07:28 AM
Thanks everyone. I guess I was hoping there was some sort of secret handshake that would provide a way to order a custom KoAloha. Just adding a little binding and an ebony fingerboard for a reasonable sum. Of course when you read the MSRP on Herb's website for the 2nd Generation Signature model, holy smokes! My plain-jane KoAloha tenor looks better all the time!
Jill