Can you order a KoAloha?

jgeary

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Is it possible to order a custom KoAloha? I have communicated with the nice folks at KoAloha and, for now, they are not taking any orders for custom instruments (nor is there a waiting list). All I'm looking for is the Herb Ohta Signature (with the curly maple binding), and would prefer an ebony fingerboard. So nothing too "out of the ordinary."

Thanks!
Jill

Is this a question? It sounds like you have answered your own, if you have communicated with Koaloha and they said they are not taking custom orders. Where else would you order it from? I would just keep in contact with Koaloha and hope a spot opens up.

I have played a Black label and that thing was amazing. I was saving up for a while to buy it but it sold before I got enough $$. Best of luck getting the uke you want.

Is this a question? It sounds like you have answered your own, if you have communicated with Koaloha and they said they are not taking custom orders. Where else would you order it from? I would just keep in contact with Koaloha and hope a spot opens up.

I have played a Black label and that thing was amazing. I was saving up for a while to buy it but it sold before I got enough $$. Best of luck getting the uke you want.

I agree with this statement.

If you're asking if any reseller deals in custom Koalohas, ukulelefriend.com seems to occasionally have one. Otherwise, it sounds asked and answered to me too. :)

Thanks everyone. I guess I was hoping there was some sort of secret handshake that would provide a way to order a custom KoAloha. Just adding a little binding and an ebony fingerboard for a reasonable sum. Of course when you read the MSRP on Herb's website for the 2nd Generation Signature model, holy smokes! My plain-jane KoAloha tenor looks better all the time!
Jill

Top Bottom