Mainland 2nds

hoosierhiver

Reaction score
We are freeing up space for our next shipment and have some cosmetic 2nds available in most sizes and woods. Many of these have blemishes with the purfling or soundhole but are fine otherwise.
We've also got some that were slightly damaged in shipping with small cracks and such.

Here's the catch, this can't take up too much of my time, no requests for multiple photos or loads of questions. You must tell me specifically what size and model you are interested in, no vague "well, what do you have emails" please.

Minor blemishes will be discounted about 20%, more serious issues will be discounted more.

If you are interested email me at mike@mainlandukes.com Private messages to my account will not be answered.

I love my Mainland factory second Mahogany Baritone gloss!!! You have to search really hard to see the flaws, and it sounds great. I am sure these seconds will go fast. Mainlands are already a good value, so this is a way to get an excellent deal!

–Lori

I vouch for Mainland seconds. My slotted mahog concert is my favorite player. He even put in a pickup for me. Great deal.

Thanks for all the interest guys, I'm flooded with emails.

Please be as specific in your requests as possible, What model,wood,finish,tuning pegs,etc.

And remember to turn off your spam filters or check your trash if you want to recieve my reply, ;)

Received the Baritone 2nd I ordered, it is fabulous. The flaws are..I'm not sure what the flaws are, I could guess, but I'm not 100% sure, subtle flaws and a good price.
The greatest flaw so far is my ability to play baritone..thanks Mike!

Just got mine as well. It is beautiful. This is my first chance to play a baritone, and I am very happy with it-just right for my clumsy finger-picking. Played my kids to sleep with it last night. Thank you to Mike and
Tookta.

Am the proud owner of both a gloss Mahogany Banjo-Uke 2nd and Red Cedar Concert 2nd, as well as seen a few other 2nds sold around the area as well. I wouldn't hesitate in buying another one of these as a 2nd (or full price for that matter!!).

Great instruments at very reasonable prices - a lot of uke for your buck!

I am very happy with the ones I have, and those I know who have them also swear by them.

Rob

Hey Rob - good to see you on UU!! We have 2 more of Mike's '2nds' Banjo ukes on the way to Forster & another 4 in the pipeline - some maple & a soprano this time as well, so looking forward to giving THOSE a strum!!

THey are GREAT ukes (but I MAY be biased!!

Roberta

Bought a blem Mainland and case last feb and it's still my favorite uke!

Got my "second" in this week....a cedar pineapple and I love it! It makes a great companion to my Mainland mahogany concert. I could not be more pleased with both of them. While I love the sound, feel and looks of these ukes, I am also very appreciative of the value. I don't have the money to spend on many extra things these days so to get something so pleasing for such a fair price really feels good!

Got my "second" in this week....a cedar pineapple and I love it! It makes a great companion to my Mainland mahogany concert. I could not be more pleased with both of them. While I love the sound, feel and looks of these ukes, I am also very appreciative of the value. I don't have the money to spend on many extra things these days so to get something so pleasing for such a fair price really feels good!

I just got my 'second' today - a matte Mango Pineapple. It is wonderful! It's got a 'flaw' on part of the roping, which doesn't affect its playability or sound one whit. Barely noticeable, too. Well worth the discount! And, to 2nd Bucky's comments about the 2nds, thank you for offering these to us. They will be well loved and played.

I picked up my 2nd from UPS yesterday. So beautiful! I got a Mohogany Cutaway Tenor. The rosette is not 100% and there is a small scratch in the finish by the corner of the bridge that I wouldn't have noticed if the light hadn't hit it just so. Boy does the sound ring! The sound difference between this uke and my Makala is subtle, yet noticeable. I know as I play it more and the sound opens up it is going to leave the Makala in the dust. Now I have a nice uke to play at home and one to play at school with my students. The Mainland is definitely getting dragged back and forth everyday. No, siree-bob.

Yay!

Top Bottom