Definitely the guitar.
Bigger
Heavier
Manlier
More strings
More tuning pegs
Can be seen when put on your back seat just for cool
"It's the size of your stick, not the way you use it"

Other than that: don't get upset when people mistake you for a troll.

They're kinda' the same. I play both, often. VERY often. I keep two ukes in the car at all times. Compact and cheap. I can play the Carter Scratch on a guitar. NukeDoc summed it up pretty well "neither and both". Ric

Jim as Dwight: Question: What kind of bear is best?
Dwight: That's a ridiculous question.
Jim as Dwight: False. Black Bear.
Dwight: Well that's debatable, there are basically two schools of thought..
Jim as Dwight: Fact: Bears eat beets.
Dwight: Oh..
Jim as Dwight: Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica!

being a member of a ukulele forum... better at uke than i am at guitar...
im gunna say the ukulele

gat iz awesome dohsz

Comparte this two instrument as lite a compare blond girl with perfect ass oposite sweet black hair woman with perfect boobs...

Its demagogic.. Everyone love somhing else..

Comparte this two instrument as lite a compare blond girl with perfect ass oposite sweet black hair woman with perfect boobs...

Its demagogic.. Everyone love somhing else..

i honestly dont care either way:D also what?

You can learn both at the same time. Playing the Ukulele is relatively easy to learn if you already know guitar and only slightly harder to go the other way. Basically the ukulele is the bottom 4 strings of a guitar with a capo on the 5th fret.

I've always said the uke is the perfect gateway instrument, because its easy to learn and you can branch out to other instruments once you got it down.

You can learn both at the same time. Playing the Ukulele is relatively easy to learn if you already know guitar and only slightly harder to go the other way. Basically the ukulele is the bottom 4 strings of a guitar with a capo on the 5th fret.

I've always said the uke is the perfect gateway instrument, because its easy to learn and you can branch out to other instruments once you got it down.

Gateway instrument/Gateway drug. Same thing! :cool:

i like ukulele 10 times better than guitar but I still like guitar, I just dont like calises:D

I like both. Played guitar for a bit when I was a youth. Tried it again in my late 20's. Dropped it again. Picked up the ukulele a little over a year ago and love it for it's sound, four strings and portability. Still like guitar though. Especially some good slack key :D

My son wants to learn to play ukulele and then probably guitar. A great gateway instrument as Rayan said.

I Love the uke, but I am definitely guitar oriented, even though I play the uke much more often than I do the guitar nowadays. And generally speaking, I like ukes that have a more guitar sound, i.e, lots of sustain with rich overtones, a broad tonal palette, and great dynamics. That's why I love my Larrivee spruce top, and my LoPrinzi cedar top the most of my ukes...

Don't worry my dear ones, mama loves each and every one of you...

Jim as Dwight: Question: What kind of bear is best?
Dwight: That's a ridiculous question.
Jim as Dwight: False. Black Bear.
Dwight: Well that's debatable, there are basically two schools of thought..
Jim as Dwight: Fact: Bears eat beets.
Dwight: Oh..
Jim as Dwight: Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica!

haha office, awesome. but everything is based on preferences. try both out and you decide.

I'm gonna take a lot of heat for saying this but......

The Uke is a guitar

That being said, back when I was teaching myself guitar after playing bass for 15 years, the bottom strings were easy but I never could quite get the nack of the wierd relationship of the upper strings. Then my GF gave me a Uke and a book. After learning that, my guitar playing soared, as I finally could look at the upper 4 and not be confused.

So short answer......yes.

Top Bottom