ARKANSAS TRAVELER - workshop version

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Here's the arrangement I did for the Bluegrass Workshop I recently taught at the Ceilidh in Nova Scotia.

It is in 3 parts and that's why I did the video this way. I wanted it to be a bit funny too.

Hope you enjoy.

Excellent! Always great stuff Ken.

Cool video ken.

When I was in high school two buddies and I rehabbed an old Arkansas traveler boat to use as a dive boat for our spring break. Oh the memories, thanks for reminding me of those times.

Ken is awesome as one, now there are three of him!!!!

Thanks for watching us.

Excellent! Always great stuff Ken.

Thanks muchly.

Cool video ken.

When I was in high school two buddies and I rehabbed an old Arkansas traveler boat to use as a dive boat for our spring break. Oh the memories, thanks for reminding me of those times.

I am sorry to say that I don't know exactly where Arkansas is. I know it has a town called Little Rock and one of your presidents came from the state.

Last edited:
The TRUTH is finally out! Ken is actually a threesome - no wonder he never seems to have any trouble w/triplets! I've always wondered at the amazing intricacies of even the "simplest" of tunes when rendered in/that Middleton style. No wonder either that my fingers can't quite keep up!

Love it, Sir Ken. Applaud the melody & your three-times awesome performance.

The TRUTH is finally out! Ken is actually a threesome - no wonder he never seems to have any trouble w/triplets! I've always wondered at the amazing intricacies of even the "simplest" of tunes when rendered in/that Middleton style. No wonder either that my fingers can't quite keep up!

Love it, Sir Ken. Applaud the melody & your three-times awesome performance.

Thanks very much for the kind words.

Each part really isn't that difficult though. The three parts go together to make the whole sound complex. I only taught this piece at one workshop so far, and most people in the class didn't have too many problems. I'll be teaching it in my workshops next year.

Don't get me wrong I actually like the banjo (Did I really say that? :eek: ) but it is nice to get a different take on a tune and your version gives it a totally different feel - which has to be a good thing.

I agree. The uke is a totally different animal, so it is bound to sound different.

Top Bottom