New Uke Day-Kamaka Longneck Concert

Gillian

Reaction score
C. B. Perkins,a long-time luthier in San Jose, has started selling Kamakas, so I went to check our their first shipment.

Eric showed me several. Sopranos, regular concerts and a tenor. The new Kamaka case is nothing special. I even give it a thumbs down because there is no way to attach a carrying strap. Then he brought out a longneck concert and when he opened the case, my eyes popped....and then I opened my wallet.

opencase.jpgwow1.jpgwow2.jpgwow3.jpgwow4.jpg

Suhweeeeeet, Gillian. Howzit sound? Gonna change out the strings?

C. B. Perkins,a long-time luthier in San Jose, has started selling Kamakas, so I went to check our their first shipment.

Eric showed me several. Sopranos, regular concerts and a tenor. The new Kamaka case is nothing special. I even give it a thumbs down because there is no way to attach a carrying strap. Then he brought out a longneck concert and when he opened the case, my eyes popped....and then I opened my wallet.

WOW!!!:iwant:

How come the wood pattern looks different to all the other Kamaka's i've seen on the website?

Last edited:
Nice, Gillian.

So this means you're going to give up the 6-string, right? (g)

-Kurt​

Suhweeeeeet, Gillian. Howzit sound? Gonna change out the strings?

I already did. I like low-g and they put on a set of low-g Aquilas for me (no charge), the only low-g set they sell at the present. I'll swap out the Aquila low-g for a Worth unwound.

As for sound, I also played a tenor and thought the concert had it beat in terms of resonance and tone. The tenor sounded amazing, but this concert surpassed it, both visually and acoustically. My intent was to buy the tenor, but when I saw, then heard this little beauty, it was a no-brainer, as they say.

Such incredible awesomeness... Congratulation!

WOW!! Looks amazing, congrats!! Tomorrow makes one month since I ordered my Concert Long-Neck directly from the factory. Hopefully it will be completed soon, I can't wait to share some photos and a sound sample for you all! Also, I am excited to hear and play it since your saying it has better resonance and tone. I also own a Kamaka Tenor, so hopefully this will sound just as great or even better!! Cheers :D

Very nice.

Actually, I'm thinking about it. Either the Lili'u or the Kala acacia tenor. Gotta 'thin the herd"... Interested?;-)

As tempting as the Lili'u is, Gillian... and believe me - it is SO tempting! The money just isn't there. And won't be, for a while.

And what's this "thinning the herd" stuff? Your sig only shows Eight ukes. Eight!!!! Even with the new Kamaka, there are only nine.

We're gonna have to take your photograph off of the UAS poster, child!

-Kurt​

Last edited:
:drool: Very Nice

Congrats on the new uke! Glad you saw what you liked and got it!

I know it shouldn't matter, but thing I love most about this uke? The headstock. It's the little things I guess. Welcome to Club Superconcert!

Aloha Gillian,
Congrats..as a Kamaka Lover, I am soooo jealous..Happy Strummings...now that is teasing me...shoots...:iwant:

Top Bottom