Got some great wood

ukebuilder

Reaction score
Ok getting geared up to make a few and today I went to my local wood guy and to my surprise he has lots of tone woods, cut and ready to go into the sander. He does not carry Koa but he had a old guy drop off some that was laying around that he never got to use as he got to old and stopped building. So he dug it out and it is great. I also got into the not advertised stash of Port Orford ceder and what he called bear claw spruce. Man alive this stuff is nice. I got enough wood to make one solid koa two koa back and sides with ceder top and three koa back and sides with bear claw spruce top. So a total of six ukes for under two hundred. All solid wood and top of the line wood as well. I have never used the Port Orford ceder but it looks and sounds nice to the tap ring test. Post pics when I can. Wow now I got to get busy. Oh I also got a chunk of nice Mahogany that is just the right size for two necks. I had some but this piece looks good and it was just a toss in.

Ok getting geared up to make a few and today I went to my local wood guy and to my surprise he has lots of tone woods, cut and ready to go into the sander. He does not carry Koa but he had a old guy drop off some that was laying around that he never got to use as he got to old and stopped building. So he dug it out and it is great. I also got into the not advertised stash of Port Orford ceder and what he called bear claw spruce. Man alive this stuff is nice. I got enough wood to make one solid koa two koa back and sides with ceder top and three koa back and sides with bear claw spruce top. So a total of six ukes for under two hundred. All solid wood and top of the line wood as well. I have never used the Port Orford ceder but it looks and sounds nice to the tap ring test. Post pics when I can. Wow now I got to get busy. Oh I also got a chunk of nice Mahogany that is just the right size for two necks. I had some but this piece looks good and it was just a toss in.

I like the bear claw stuff. You know once upon a time the bear claw stuff was deemed to be flawed and nobody wanted it lol... now it's costly. I think it's pretty.

sorry fellas, slightly off topic, but this fella has some 'great wood' too apparently, check out this cool tune from drbekken...

:rofl::biglaugh:

Top Bottom