Pre pre sneak preview of Kanileas new model for 2012...the Kuuipo

MGM

Reaction score
Actually Joe made this heart shaped sound hole ukulele for his wife Kristen in concert size originally but now it will become a member of their production ukes starting FEB 2011. Slated for unveiling at Namm this winter in january but you get the first look now at this tenor model....the Kuuipo.

photobucket-3602-1321597538915.jpg

photobucket-3050-1321597592713.jpg

Last edited:
Aloha Mike!
The link you posted doesn't seem to be working :( I am curious to see the Kuuipo.

Mahaloz!
Mason671

I'm a sucker for this kind of thing...he he...LOVE it Mike!!!

Joseph Todaro also builds his akulele's with a heartshaped soundhole...he calls his the 'sweetheart' model:

http://akulele.com/sweetheart

:love::love::love:

I think I'm in Love.

Just because it has a heart doesn't mean it's a chick uke...Ukulele Bartt plays a uke w/ a heart soundhole. There should be a poll asking if guys would play a uke with a heart? lol

There should be a poll asking if guys would play a uke with a heart? lol
YES YES and YES!!!! I'd be surprised if less than 75% answered positive to a question like this. The uke is the instrument of luuuuuurrrve aint it????? :)

I've loved their heart-soundhole ukes since they were released. Good to hear that these will become more available in the future!

You know, we need a "courting uke" like the "courting" mountain dulcimers...

Okay OEMs, get to it, you can have the idea free, just send me the prototype... LOL

JOhn

I love it. The only thing I would have designed differently would be to shape the end of the fretboard with the top of the heart... instead of ending it abruptly in a square.

I'd play one of these. We ALL play from the heart, don't we?
@ Eugene, Kuuipo means sweetheart, but you knew that...........

Top Bottom