Ameritage...expensive, yes, but you get what you pay for.

consitter

Reaction score
I bought a case cover from Ameritage to go with my case for my tenor uke. It was a rather steep $103, but they put on backpack straps for no extra charge, so that took a little of the edge off. Since it was a special order, it took 7 weeks to produce.

After a much anticpated email, my case cover was on it's way. When it arrived, I was in for a disappointment. The hole for the handle was off center, and the pocket was very small. So small, that you couldn't even put extra music in it if you wanted. In fact, I really don't know what the pocket could be used for.

So, I got on the phone with Nancy in the customs department and told her of my problems. She told me to measure out the size of the pocket I wanted, and they would make another to my specifications!
I was floored! I asked her if they could make the pocket "bloused out" instead of flat against case cover itself. She said it wouldn't be a problem. Wow, is all I can say. They not only make great products, but back them up to the max if you're not satisfied.

Could you post a few pics of your cover and what it looks like on the case. I have an ameritage for my Pineapple Sunday and would consider one of these. Thanks.

case cover front view.jpgcase cover side view.jpgrear view with backpack straps.jpg

Sorry it took so long to post these pics Mark, I had a busy weekend.

To any looking, you get extra credit if you see my dog in action, a dog toy, camo crocs, and my baby girl's foot.

Last edited:
That's a fine case cover you've got there. I would buy one for myself if the price weren't so high.

Looks like a great case, I may have to invest in one for my custom, unless it comes with a cool case!

hmm the Ameritage custom case usually get into $175-200 price range, how could you get one with backstraps so cheap?

hmm the Ameritage custom case usually get into $175-200 price range, how could you get one with backstraps so cheap?

I believe that he paid the $103 for the backpack case cover alone, not the case.

I was just ready to pull the trigger on the silver Amertiage. Do you feel the difference in price, $50, is worth it for the gold?

So this is a case... for a case?

I just ordered the silver Ameritage case for my Pono tenor from Elderly. The delivered price was $155. I'm considering getting the case cover in case I travel more when I retire.

I just ordered the silver Ameritage case for my Pono tenor from Elderly. The delivered price was $155. I'm considering getting the case cover in case I travel more when I retire.

You'll be more than happy with it. Especially with the backpack straps. Remember, you have to order them special (at NO extra cost!)

Top Bottom