Jake Shimabukuro with a Sailor Brand SPC soprano

Yeah, I did... Jake played mine a bit before I asked him to sign it for me. I told him that he probably hadn't seen a Sailor brand. Certainly made it sound better than I do! Jake is a VERY gracious guy! His performance last night was stellar - simply amazing. If you have an opportunity to see him perform, don't miss it!

WP_000183.jpgWP_000184.jpg

Jake signed EVERYBODY'S CD's, T-shirts, concert programs, & ukes for at least 1.5 hour after an awesome show. He is such a gracious performer, thanking each person individually for coming to the show & posing for group photos, and probably spending 10 minutes minimum w/each person.

WP_000188.jpgWP_000187.jpg

Its now my "signature edition" Sailor. Serial #1 & now has Jake's signature as well. Now to buckle down & learn even 1/10th of what he knows about the uke.

Last edited:
Great pic. It was a indeed a good time.

Good stuff. Wow, looks like the old saying needs to be updated to "the camera adds 50 lbs!"

Diet starts Monday... :)

Hey, I was there at the Jorgensen too--Gmoney, I chatted with you briefly about your UU t-shirt on the way to the merch table!IMG_2868.jpg
What a great show! (and Jake signed my Kala--not sure if he imparted any mojo unto it yet)

great times. Last time he came to ATL we got there early and heard his first show before our show. I spent quite a few minutes (almost an hour) talking with him about children. Someone told him I had started a uke club at my school. He was touched. He even let me play his uke. While we were outside waiting for the second show he was talking with first show folks and he came over while DeG was palying my uke...He looked at DeG and said "That was awesome (or amazing)". I blew us away. DeG is really good so the comment was true.
BTW I was joking about him letting me play his uke:)

Top Bottom