OT... One Year and Cancer-FREE

Pippin

Reaction score
I just had the colonoscopy today and after one year, I am still cancer free. We will do the next procedure in another three years. The doctor is that confident and so am I.

Mickey

Aloha Mickey,
That is certainly good news brother.....well I guess you need to celebrate and get a new ukulele then...do it man...MM Stan

This is amazing pippin I'm so pleased for you well done. I've had two friends be diagnosed with cancer this week so its lovely to hear someone has beaten it!

Rae, I hope your friends detected it early and have a chance at complete recovery.

In my case, they remove it all. I never needed chemo and never needed radiation treatments. I dodged a bullet and I am thrilled to tell people that early detection can make all the difference in the world.

Mickey

Rae, I hope your friends detected it early and have a chance at complete recovery.

In my case, they remove it all. I never needed chemo and never needed radiation treatments. I dodged a bullet and I am thrilled to tell people that early detection can make all the difference in the world.

Mickey

That's brilliant. Unfortunately one had a biopsy to remove some from his throat but its grown back since larger and the other has a rare brain tumour. Being in the prison service we are quite open about things due to the stuff we've seen over the years so they aren't confident. We are all rallying round them though

Pippin - colon cancer took my grandfather so we are pretty serious about it in my family. I drive my dad to the doctor for his colonoscopy every three years and it is an anxious time but we've been lucky so far. His brothers and sisters all get them done too and they call each other with congratulations every time their colons get a clean bill of health.

Congratulations! I hope you do something fun to celebrate.

Nix

That's brilliant. Unfortunately one had a biopsy to remove some from his throat but its grown back since larger and the other has a rare brain tumour. Being in the prison service we are quite open about things due to the stuff we've seen over the years so they aren't confident. We are all rallying round them though

I'm so sorry to hear about your friends. In something like that, I always recommend that people spend as much quality time with they as they can and try to remember all the best times.

I had a friend who died of cancer many years ago. I donated a watercolor painting to the American Cancer Society to be auctioned off during the Cancer Telethon in Mary Lou's name. She was a dear friend, a loving mother, and a devoted fly-tyer. I'll never forget her.

Pippin - colon cancer took my grandfather so we are pretty serious about it in my family. I drive my dad to the doctor for his colonoscopy every three years and it is an anxious time but we've been lucky so far. His brothers and sisters all get them done too and they call each other with congratulations every time their colons get a clean bill of health.

Congratulations! I hope you do something fun to celebrate.

Nix

I'll play some music and talk with family and friends, then retire for the evening and snuggle with my wife-- maybe watch a good movie.

That's fantastic to hear Pippin! I'm gonna have a shot of bourbon to your good health!
Ernest

New ukes are great, but that is really something special to celebrate. Congratulations.

That's great, Pippin! Here's to another three years cancer free! :D :music:

What really great news Mickey! Glad you updated us! Here's to your health and happiness!

Well done, Pippin. You were lucky to not need chemo & radiation! Keep attending those checkups! My husband is 18 months in the clear & will have endoscopes yearly & 'checkups' every 4 months til the 5 years is up!

Stay fit & well

Roberta

Brilliant news im so pleased for you. This is to more good health for you.

Thanks everyone. When I was in the hospital awaiting surgery last December, the ukulele community out-pouring of genuine concern and encouragement really helped my wife through the situation. I'll never forget that. At that time, a colonoscopy saved my life.

Congratulations on the great news, Mickey. Going another three years before you have to drink that colonoscopy cocktail again is reason enough to celebrate.

Can't believe it has been a year. Congrats. All the best.

I just had the colonoscopy today and after one year, I am still cancer free. We will do the next procedure in another three years. The doctor is that confident and so am I.

Mickey

Top Bottom