Jake show last night - quick recap

bdukes

Reaction score
No surprise, but Jake put on yet another fantastic show in CT last night. The Jorgensen Center on the UConn campus was a great venue. There were times when there were audible "whoas" and jaws dropping through out. I've been lucky enough to have seen him several times and for me the stand out performances were "Hallelujah" and the patriotic "Go for Broke". As an encore he did "In My Life" and "Don't Stop Believing" which was a perfect way to end the show.

After the show, like he always does, he hung with his fans for pictures and autographs. This time I remembered my uke and was able to get my Kamaka HF-3 signed. (Unfortunately no mojo transferred yet. I still stink.)

Also snagged the requisite fan photo with him, and just to mix it up we chose to go with the :rock: rather than the traditional fan fave :shaka: .

Another bonus was meeting fellow UU'er, GMoney at the show. He was almost impossible to spot replete in his UU t-shirt, uke case, and southern dialect in the overwhelmingly New England crowd. ;) Glen had his Sailor Brand uke at the ready and based on an earlier thread, Jake even jammed a bit on it. Nice to see you Gmoney and hope you had a good trip home!

sig.JPGJake-signing-K.jpgJake-and-Me-11-17-11sm.jpg

Certainly I'm a fan of Jake's music and appreciate his musical virtuosity, but the more shows I see and watch his genuine interactions with his fans, the more I've become a fan of the person.

Already looking forward to another show...

Last edited:
Certainly I'm a fan of Jake's music I can appreciate his musical virtuosity, but the more shows I see and watch his genuine interactions with his fans, the more I've become a fan of the person.

Already looking forward to another show...

Amen! He spent several minutes chatting with me and my daughter, and was so kind and humble. I lost a friend unexpectedly yesterday, and the music really helped me escape the pain for a while. I told Jake about this, and he seemed genuinely concerned and moved. What a great guy!

He's going to be in Atlanta in about 4 months. I've had my tickets for a while. I'm looking forward to the experience.

Hey, Gmoney, we miss you at the jams! Hope you make it back to the ATL soon!

bdukes, you always have good stories to tell!...

My wife and I are going to see Jake December 4th and I'm going to bring my "Hula Girls" movie DVD for him to sign. I always tell my friends about your meeting Jake at the Honolulu airport security line!

Did Jake still remember you!...

Certainly I'm a fan of Jake's music I can appreciate his musical virtuosity, but the more shows I see and watch his genuine interactions with his fans, the more I've become a fan of the person.

Already looking forward to another show...[/QUOTE]

I agree, Jake is a nice, very humble, amazingly talented person.

Great pics of a special moment. Thanks for sharing.

:D
bdukes, you always have good stories to tell!...

My wife and I are going to see Jake December 4th and I'm going to bring my "Hula Girls" movie DVD for him to sign. I always tell my friends about your meeting Jake at the Honolulu airport security line!

Did Jake still remember you!...

Aloha Garret - He did... although I think it was more of a "WTF, you again?" We had just seen him a couple of months earlier, so the stalking was still fresh. Enjoy the Dec 4th show. That's my birthday, so it's definitely going to be a good show. :) I have not seen Hula Girls (yet) but that'll make a great memento for sure.

I agree, Jake is a nice, very humble, amazingly talented person.

Great pics of a special moment. Thanks for sharing.

So Doreen, when are we going read about you getting one of your hundred or so Kamakas signed?

Hi Bill. Probably won't be getting a Kamaka signed anytime soon.:) And yes, I soon will have two more Kamakas doubling my present number.

Top Bottom