New webshop!

ukulelepuapua

Reaction score
Hey guys! Im the web designer/marketing manager for Ukulele puapua in Honolulu(on kalakaua) and I just opened the new site! Ill be putting up new photos, custom models, and beautiful collector grade instruments year around. The old site (eng) was www.ukulele.pua2.com, and the new one is www.puapua.net (or www.hawaiianukuleleonline.com). Please let me know if you have any opinions or what you would like to see out of the site/ specific models or certain angles for the photos! If you wanna get in touch directly with me please do so web@puapua.net

Thanks haolejohn, I suppose that would be a good idea :D

yes it would. Most folks have no idea who you guys are...heck I always thought ya'll were just a high priced tourist trap. Then I read about you here from customers...I knew ya'll were a quality uke shop. since I am a uke snob that was alright for me.

Just curious: Did you import all production info from old site? Because I cannot search any uke under Kamaka's name on the new one.

yes it would. Most folks have no idea who you guys are...heck I always thought ya'll were just a high priced tourist trap. Then I read about you here from customers...I knew ya'll were a quality uke shop. since I am a uke snob that was alright for me.

nah... pua2 are a bunch of cool guys running a great place, their business are mostly focused on Japanese clients, and maybe some tourists because their shops are close to hotels and easy to access.

My first good quality uke was bought from pua2 online store, and I can say that it was a great experience to work with them remotely.

Rest assured, Ukulele Puapua are stand up folks.

On my last trip to Oahu, Tyler spent quite a bit of time explaining everything about ukes and the brands etc even though I told him I only wanted to spend under $100. Even asked about music books and he said most stuff you can learn or download off the internet and I could save my money there. No trying to upsell me on another uke or trying to brush me off quickly even though the store was busy. :)

Just curious: Did you import all production info from old site? Because I cannot search any uke under Kamaka's name on the new one.

If you go ahead and click kamaka under the browse function you may see our inventory. Some of the inventory was ported over, though most have new pictures and new information. Kamaka's for the most part are not in stock with the exception of a pineapple standard (i believe).. though we do now allow backorders ! Let me know if you have any questions!

Rest assured, Ukulele Puapua are stand up folks.

On my last trip to Oahu, Tyler spent quite a bit of time explaining everything about ukes and the brands etc even though I told him I only wanted to spend under $100. Even asked about music books and he said most stuff you can learn or download off the internet and I could save my money there. No trying to upsell me on another uke or trying to brush me off quickly even though the store was busy. :)

Great! Thats what we are about here, and im really glad you had a positive experience. What did you end up with?

Great! Thats what we are about here, and im really glad you had a positive experience. What did you end up with?

I ended up with a little Kala KA-S soprano. Started playing around with it when I left Oahu for Maui and by the time I got to the Big Island, my nephew was hooked on it too and picked up a uke. By the time I got back to Canada, I already had a concert uke on order! I'm averaging a uke a month since I got back and have 4 ukes now!

Well the previous 4 trips I always made it a habit to stop by the store to check out the ukes. Maybe I was a closet uke player and didn't know it. Back then I'd say "Who in their right mind would spend over $1K or even $300 for a silly toy?" Boy am I eating my words now!

Can the folks at Ukulele Puapua order Kamaka "specials" semi-custom ukes as well?

I ended up with a little Kala KA-S soprano. Started playing around with it when I left Oahu for Maui and by the time I got to the Big Island, my nephew was hooked on it too and picked up a uke. By the time I got back to Canada, I already had a concert uke on order! I'm averaging a uke a month since I got back and have 4 ukes now!

Well the previous 4 trips I always made it a habit to stop by the store to check out the ukes. Maybe I was a closet uke player and didn't know it. Back then I'd say "Who in their right mind would spend over $1K or even $300 for a silly toy?" Boy am I eating my words now!

Can the folks at Ukulele Puapua order Kamaka "specials" semi-custom ukes as well?

In the case of a semi custom or full custom model, I would certainly recommend you contact kamaka directly as most all the models we receive are the set versions and Kamaka does set a buying limit.

Top Bottom