"High Wide And Hansome"

H

Hippie Dribble

been doing some audio recording in the last few days...thankfully no complaints from the neighbours in my block of flats yet...he he

not sure who wrote this one originally, but it was made famous by the late great rogue Charlie Poole, in the early part of last century. I've been feeling a bit self destructive of late and this is a fitting tune for such impulses!

just me and my banjo-uke for this one...

http://soundcloud.com/eugeneukulele/high-wide-and-hansome

cheers all and thanks for listening! :)

Sounds like you took a wrench to that old Banjo's head mate- she is SINGING. What a great tune...new one to me, and I love it.
Remember mate- when feeling self destructive, you are in great company. Raising my glass to ya for sure on this one.

Sounds like you took a wrench to that old Banjo's head mate- she is SINGING. What a great tune...new one to me, and I love it.
Remember mate- when feeling self destructive, you are in great company. Raising my glass to ya for sure on this one.
hey thanks for chipping in Dave. tell you the truth - not that I want to tar you with my brush - but I was thinking of you when I played this one...Loudon Wainwright put out a tribute album to Charlie Poole last year and this one is actually the title track from it. Firmly in old time / bluegrass / Cloverdale Kid territory, it's a terrific record...Poole was quite a character if the stories are to be believed. Thanks mate.

Aloha Eugene,
wow loved this one too...another hit...sounds like an old crooner song...maybe a hint of Jim Croce in there..wow two songs in one day, now I know where you are ..ha ha maybe happier and
more positive songs mate as things are hopefully starting to get better...Acentuate the Positive..thank you for sharing and keep um coming..

Mate- I am happy to be tarred with your brush any time you want to swing it. This song truly hit a chord with me...but I figured you knew it would eh?
Your friend Lefty ;)
Beer Gin and Whiskey, that's five six and four...
High wide and handsome...let's put on a show.
Not too sure who is holding the brush mate...not too sure.
Apparently poor old Charlie spent his days in a textile mill...but he played hard and drank harder, gone at 39. Hoping I will make it to 40 at least.
hey thanks for chipping in Dave. tell you the truth - not that I want to tar you with my brush - but I was thinking of you when I played this one...Loudon Wainwright put out a tribute album to Charlie Poole last year and this one is actually the title track from it. Firmly in old time / bluegrass / Cloverdale Kid territory, it's a terrific record...Poole was quite a character if the stories are to be believed. Thanks mate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom