I. Am. Pumped.

AC Baltimore

Reaction score
I have a lanikai monkey pod and a kala acacia... both tenor both in tweed cases headed my way from lady mim.

any string suggestions?

no string suggestions mate but I do have another: get yourself a couple of bottles of red and a nice fat cigar...happy days are here again!!!! AWESOME!!!! :)

Congratulations! I love my Kala acacia tenor and I'm sure you'll love yours too. Please post photos when the ukes arrive for those of us who like to ogle beautifully grained ukes. My Kala is strung with Aquilas and they sound great, but for a more mellow sound you could try high density Worth Clears.

no string suggestions mate but I do have another: get yourself a couple of bottles of red and a nice fat cigar...happy days are here again!!!! AWESOME!!!! :)
Best Post Ever Jon...But yeah, I play a Kala almost every day and Flouro are the way to go- I gave up on the Aquila's and went with Gaudalupes. Not as Loud, but the tone is great

I just put Martin fluorocarbons on the Ohana TK-80 proto-type I reviewed in the latest issue of Ukulele Player. Wow! That uke sounds even better-- much better-- than it did when I wrote the review. Those Martin strings sound great on the Ohana SK-38 and the CKP-70 (Vita reproduction), and the CK-70G, and the...

Thanks for all the congrats and suggestions. There will be photos and clips coming. I ordered worth clear and browns along with fremonts to try in addition to the aquilas.

Yeah, put some Ko'olau Alohi's on that monkeypod!

Top Bottom