Prob with ken timms uke!

nelly

Reaction score
hi can any one give me some advice?
i purchased a martin o style uke by ken timms in june and kept it in a case and in same room and always put it away after use but have just noticed a crack on the back very fine about a inch long!! is there any thing i can do or is it just one of those things!! and will it alter the sound!!! please help.
nelly

Did you contact Ken to ask him what to do about it? That would have been my first call or email.

Do you use a humidifier?? If it is tight crack, you can try to rehumidify the uke..... I would privately contact him through a PM..

Last edited:
The crack was most likely caused by lack of humidity, as mm stan implies above. You should try to maintain the uke at about 50% RH. If you don't have a humidifier, you should get one. You can also get a small, in case, hygrometer to monitor the humidity.

I'm sure Ken, or any competent luther, can easily repair the crack. If it's tight, you might even try forcing some thinned glue into the crack yourself.

thanks guy for advice,,, i have found ken on here and sent him a message for advice..

Top Bottom