FS: Tom Guy Bluegrass CBU Tenor<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

soupking

Reaction score
Selling this cigar box tenor because it doesn't get much play. Since purchasing this uke last year I've acquired a Koaloha tenor and a Compass Rose, too. Also trying to downsize a little.

The original price of the uke was $295. I will include a mint condition Freemont tenor case valued at $100+. I'd like to get $250, and will cover shipping and insurance to CONUS. Not really interested in shipping overseas because it's been a hassle in my experience; however, I'll consider all offers.

Attachments

• Tom Guy 1.jpg
    Tom Guy 1.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Tom Guy 2.jpg
    Tom Guy 2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Tom Guy 4.jpg
    Tom Guy 4.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 94
  • Tom Guy 5.jpg
    Tom Guy 5.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 89
  • To  Guy 6.jpg
    To Guy 6.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 116
Someone buy this CBU! Tom Guy makes some really nice CBU's that sound great! How do you like your Compass Rose Tenor?

How does it fit the case? Is the body or box snug when it lays in it?

I have one of Tom's cigar box ukes. It has a very nice tone. This box looks just like mine, is this a redwood box or cedar? I have a redwood and I know redwood isn't the top choice for tone woods but I love mine. I always wanted a redwood top and this is an inexpensive way to own one. And, the price is good on this one. I paid a lot more for mine and that was without a case. But worth every penny.

I have one of Tom's cigar box ukes. It has a very nice tone. This box looks just like mine, is this a redwood box or cedar? I have a redwood and I know redwood isn't the top choice for tone woods but I love mine. I always wanted a redwood top and this is an inexpensive way to own one. And, the price is good on this one. I paid a lot more for mine and that was without a case. But worth every penny.

yeah...redwood is my favorite tonewood at the moment.

The spot on the soundboard in the last pic, is that a natural spot in the wood or a stain?

It's not the best fit and perhaps a concert size Fremont case would be better. Having said that, it's a perfectly fine case for the uke. I don't travel with this one so I don't worry about it too much.

I have no clue what the spot on the soundboard is, except to say that I think it looks really cool; like the uke is crying or something. Haha. It has the blues! It is in exactly the same condition as it was upon its completion, as per the pictures on Tom's website.

The Compass Rose tenor is probably the best all around uke I've ever had my hands on. The only one that came close in quality and construction was the sycamore Mya Moe I once had. However, I much prefer the Compass Rose's tone. Maybe it was the sycamore I didn't particularly care for- yet I would not hesitate to purchase another Mya Moe. I actually like the CR so much that I've pondered selling it to save up for a top notch custom model. I kind of just wanted to get my hands on one after reading reviews online, so I used the money I had on hand and ordered the enrty-level model. Compass Rose can't be beat, as far as I'm concerned.

Open to offers on the Tom Guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom