Kamoa red tenor case for sale - never been used

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukunuke

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Kamoa red, fiberglass tenor case for a trip overseas. Unfortunately, the airlines wouldn't let me carry on so I travelled without my uke. This is a case directly from Kamoa. I paid $230 plus shipping, and will sell for $210 plus shipping. It's new - in perfect condition. Contact me at m.kellett@me.com if interested, or for more details or pics.

Did the airline tell you why you couldn't carry a Kamoa tenor case on the plane. My reason for buying a Kamoa case would be for airline travel but as a carry-on.

I had a briefcase and camera bag with me, with lots of breakable and expensive equipment. So the Kamoa would have been my 3rd carry on. They told me they'd charge me an additional $120 and it would have to go in with the rest of my luggage in baggage. As you can imagine, I decided to leave it home where I wouldn't ruin the case and crack my Kanile'a because of the cold. So there'd be no problem as a regular carry-on; I just was over my limit.

Actually camera bags are allowed on as a third bag, a TSA loophole most do not know about

Actually camera bags are allowed on as a third bag, a TSA loophole most do not know about

I think the key is that it was an overseas flight. Different rules often apply - sometimes, only a single carry on is allowed, depending on the airline.

-Kurt​

There's been several threads about travel and it seems like when you have a backpack style and just walk in, they don't say anything. Sorry to digress to the OP. GLWS

An actual real question about the case: How heavy is it? Any interior pics?

Sale is pending, but if you'd like to see it in case the sale falls through, contact me at the personal email listed and I'll send pics. Weight with straps is less than 4 lbs.

Aloha,
There is a TSA letter that says an instrument isn't counted as a part of the 2 carry bag limit as long as they meet the carry on size specs. It may be different for different airlines to foreign countries? I just brought back 2 ukes and my laptop from Hawaii to Cali.........................BO......................

What airline was it? May not want to use them if they are uke un-friendly.

I've never had a problem before, either. Especially from Hawaii. However, this was Korean Air and apparently, they don't have uke fever yet. Bummer for me.

Airline companies in Asia usually use the 2 luggages rule, and it includes the instrument carry-on. I would say that it is pretty common here (in APAC).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom