Online Strings?

arturo7

Reaction score
I've read through several string discussions, but didn't see much talk about where to buy them online. Looking for Aquilas and Worths. Any suggestions? Maybe a UU sponsor?

Thanks

i find elderly instuments has pretty good pricing and variety, and you get price breaks at 3 and 5 set increments. Shipping is reasonable also so i usually get 5 or 10 sets at a time in various sizes, as needed. (soprano, concert, & tenor)

I prefer the Aquila sound on most of my ukes, but they carry Worth also. The Martin M600 set that came on my recent Moore Bettah soprano has been growing on me. :D (i don't think there is a string made that wouldn't sound great there!)

http://elderly.com/accessories/cats/STUK.html

Last edited:
Worths have the advantage that they're so long that you could use them to string your uke twice.

I've bought my guitar and uke strings from www.elderly.com for over 25 years. Competitive prices and great customer service.

Either Elderly or UkeRepublic. No doubt about it.

Just strings is the place to go if you want something that's a bit more unusual. For just standard strings I've purchased from Elderly and Hawaii music supply.

As for strings, I suggest trying out the Ko'olau Alohi's. Ko'olau is the same company that makes your uke. Aquila's are great for lower end ukes, but most people tend to use other strings on higher end instruments. I like the sound of Worth Clears but I've had bad experiences with intonation. I'd also recommend D'Addario Pro Arte Strings.

Thanks everybody!

Just placed an order with Elderly.

No I need to figure how to string a uke... time for another forum search

Thanks everybody!

Just placed an order with Elderly.

No I need to figure how to string a uke... time for another forum search

Changing strings isn't nearly as intimidating as you may think. And it is really a good way to bond with your uke. Take it slow and you should have no problem.

I've read through several string discussions, but didn't see much talk about where to buy them online. Looking for Aquilas and Worths. Any suggestions? Maybe a UU sponsor?

Thanks
I'm a Worth Dealer and sell them on Ebay and Ebid(not a fan of Ebay). I usually always have the clears and some browns. If you just want 1 or 2 sets my total cost is less than elderly but if you are buying a lot you can get the free shipping and its a good deal. If anyone is interested and they have paypal I can send them out within a day. Just contact me on UU or email me at russ@sounduke.com. Let me know you are from UU and I will do the shipping for $1.00

Top Bottom