New (Used) Uke Weekend: Hello, Tiny Boat Paddle

Kem

Reaction score
It has not been a good weekend, as I lost my voice completely on Friday and have found myself having to communicate mostly via mime ever since. However, Friday was also the day Canada Post attempted to bring me my Boat Paddle, which I had picked up from the Marketplace. As I was out when it arrived, I retrieve it from the post office on Saturday. I've been enamoured of it ever since. It's not one of the fancier Boat Paddles, but I don't really care about anything but the sound, and the sound is fantastic. I heartily approve. I also approve of the fact that--unusually for a soprano--it has nineteen frets (fourteen above the body) and yet retains the soprano scale. It's just a gorgeous little thing.

I did a sound sample: an improv, as usual, but this time structured around "Joy to the World" as a nod to the season (for people in choirs and bands, Christmas starts in mid-October, if not before). There are a few flubs, plus the amusing intrusion of the MSN beepy thing, and Audioboo cuts off the recording a few seconds before the end; otherwise, it should give you some idea of why I am fond of this little Boat Paddle.

Last edited:
Glad to hear that Boat Paddle soprano getting played and loved. I enjoyed your recording. Thanks.

Hope your voice returns soon. Happy strumming.

COngratulations! It looks awesome.

Top Bottom