Recording video on a iMac

Uke_Windu

Reaction score
ok, so i was trying to figure out how to record a video just using my computer...i have the basic iMac 20 inch with no extra programs on it besides word and excel, etc...idk if i would be able to but i just wanted to record myself to practice alittle bit b4 putting out a "real" video...

any suggestions?...

your mac should have come with iMovie. you can record directly into that. if you have the built-in webcam, you're all set. if not, you can hook up an external webcam, camcorder, or digital camera and record into iMovie.

good luck!

absolutely. i do highly suggest alway practise and record while practising a couple of takes first. doesnt hurt to give it a couple of runs before you record the final one.

i usually practise the song at least twice before recording, but even that... when i start to record and make mistakes, the whole process repeats untill i think the end result is good enough.

=]

your mac should have come with iMovie. you can record directly into that. if you have the built-in webcam, you're all set. if not, you can hook up an external webcam, camcorder, or digital camera and record into iMovie.

good luck!

thank u so much, im going to try that right now...i will let u kno how i do...hahahha

ok, i must be doing something wrong cause it wont record anything...everytime that i hit record (and it is on the setting for built in isight camera) the screen is just black...what to do, oh what to do!!!!!...hahahhaha

ok, i must be doing something wrong cause it wont record anything...everytime that i hit record (and it is on the setting for built in isight camera) the screen is just black...what to do, oh what to do!!!!!...hahahhaha

Make sure you have light in front of you, I have made this mistake again and again... haha

ok, so idk if anyone has been looknig at this thread or not lately but i was able to figure it out...for whatever reason the isight on my mac wasnt working the first day...but last night, it magically started working...look out for a youtube vid really soon!!!

Glad to hear you got it sorted out, Windu. Let us know when that first vid is done!

Top Bottom