Anybody know this guy? All I can say is Damn Hes good!

Who cares about the drum machine. I never criticize what people use its what comes out. maybe they dont pay enough for a drummer or maybe no room for one.

Didn't mean to come off strong I just hate when people criticize its like talking behind peoples backs. But I checked this guy out on his other Vids on youtube.

excelent ! I just listened to this video too, their version of this song as well , a fave of mine, he has a very nice voice too, the other musicians are very good also, Id go see them live.

I lived in Kona for a good 3 years and have friends up the hill there. Never heard of this guy. There are a lot of under the radar players in Hawai'i. It always blows my mind how many are awesome and are still working construction.

My local fave is Kunia Galdeira. He's probably the best/most tasteful 'ukulele player on the Big Island. A real musician - and he's got major pipes.

And this guy sounds wonderful on a crappy ovation uke, making him pure genius. lol

Those Applause ukes actually seem to be the plugged-in 'ukulele of choice over here. They sound pretty consistent plugged in, but I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would pick one over anything else you could get for that much money...

Well I never met the guy I found his Video so I looked him up And found his website and looked him up on facebook. I messaged Him and he got back to me. He is really a great guy after talking to him on the phone. I aimed him to the site and showed him all the comments. He was thrilled he liked them and I asked him why he picks the Ovation over all the other ukulele he told me durability He showed me a pic of all the ukes that were given to him and i gotta say he had a bunch at least 30 or so on his wall from G string all the way to Kamaka and Kealii all on the wall collecting dust. and he showed me a bunch of broken ones on the side he said thats why he likes the Ovation. Even though he goes thrue at least 4 or so a year. He played 7 nights a week in his home town of Kona at Various Places His main Home Gigs was a place called Bongo Bens and a place called Huggos on the Rocks which he jammed with LT Smooth and also Royal Kona Resort. We talked awhile and he invited me to His Home in Vista California Next month when he goes over. He wanted me to tell all you guys to keep the comments coming he appreciates it and he appreciates you all for perpetuating the culture. He said if you wanted to you can look him up on facebook. He flys back and forth to Hawaii almost Monthly. It was a great Interview.

I am Gaining momentum here and picking up more gigs but cant find Bass Players shoot me an Email@ HawaiianCalboy@gmail.com if your game.
Gigs are Between San Diego and L.A. 6 next week all real Paying gigs.

Very fine player. Cool to see him do his thing with Europa. Never heard of anyone going through 4 instruments a year. Is he pulling a Pete Townsend on them?

And you gotta love those restaurant gigs that give you 5 sq ft to set up.

HCB, that's super info. You are a jewel for looking him up and finding all that out. I reread the thread, and it's unanimous: he's outstanding. You made our day with the effort to contact him and the info, and his day to know that he's appreciated. Mahalo and peace to you. Now your day is complete, too. :)

Top Bottom