Mya-Moe Fretboard Journal Podcast

Great interview! Fills in a few of the blanks of their ukulele story.

wow, just finished listening to it. Very insightful. Wonderfully candid interview.

I have to admit that some of Gordon's statements took my by surprise. He talks about there not being any "non-factory made" US ukulele makers other than Collings. I'm guessing that he meant Mainland US, to rule out Kamaka, KoAloha, DeVine, Moore Bettah, Mele, Kelii; but still we've got Rick Turner, DeSilva, LoPrinzi, Bradford Donaldson, & a good many others I'm leaving out accidently. And even those "factory" ukes have some standouts as we Mainland, Ohana, aNueNue owners attest.

I'm looking forward to my Mya-Moe coming in February; after listening to this I expect it to be even better than one I'd buy today as like the many luthiers who share with us here on UU, Gordon & Char both speak as continual learners of their craft.

I have to admit that some of Gordon's statements took my by surprise. He talks about there not being any "non-factory made" US ukulele makers other than Collings. I'm guessing that he meant Mainland US, to rule out Kamaka, KoAloha, DeVine, Moore Bettah, Mele, Kelii; but still we've got Rick Turner, DeSilva, LoPrinzi, Bradford Donaldson, & a good many others I'm leaving out accidently. And even those "factory" ukes have some standouts as we Mainland, Ohana, aNueNue owners attest.

I'm looking forward to my Mya-Moe coming in February; after listening to this I expect it to be even better than one I'd buy today as like the many luthiers who share with us here on UU, Gordon & Char both speak as continual learners of their craft.

Just listened to this... Great interview IMHO. On the point you raise above... I might have missed it but I heard "hi volume" as a qualifier (in the last 4 minutes or so) which might make his statement accurate?. Either way, I did not hear any intended disrespect in Gordon's comments wrt other luthiers :)
I, too, await my koa concert Mya Moe... Only 7 months or so to go!:eek:

Top Bottom