Don't be hatin' Old Farts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeOiler

Reaction score
Being an Old Fart and a punk kid, I just want to say try and understand where the other side is coming from. It's like language, sure you respect the rules and try to use proper English, but languages evolve and new words and phrases are born every day. People have to remember that the Ukulele itself is a relatively new instrument and is still finding its way into history.
I say don't widen gaps, bridge 'em.

That's what I tell 'em over there too.

Said thread was just one of the lesser moments here on UU. That said, these moments are very rare up to now and that is something to cherish for all members, new and less new, young and less young. To put it in perspective, it was not very remarkable when compared to the mudflinging on *cough* the other board.

I hope it was a good opportunity for everyone to check their egos / online personalities, but no need to drag it out / repeat it IMO. My personal rule of thumb for the internet is: if you get excited in any way reading a post, count to ten and look the other way. Good chance there is a loved one right beside you. Or not. In that case you need to get out more. Or be nicer on the internet :)

the point of the poll and last thread was a joke. everyone in here knows how diverse uu is. thats why it was so ridiculous to say we're all kids. uu is filled with people of all ages who 'get it'. with that being said, no more talking about that other place. they got their own thing going on and we got ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom