New Songs

mangorockfish

Reaction score
What are you working on now, songwise? I always get ideas from this type of thread. Me, I'm working on Bruce Springstein's Atlantic City and Jimmy Buffet's A Pirate Looks At 40. How about you?

Hotel California and Friends in Low Places. I believe in diversity.

Trying to finish up a couple of originals that I'm dying to play for people. Besides that, Genesis' "Follow You Follow Me" and "Throwing It All Away", Moody Blues "The Voice". I'm also gradually trying to see how much of Emerson, Lake & Palmer's "Pirates" I can learn to play. On the back burner right now, Raymond Scott's "Powerhouse".

There's a Boston musician who does shows as Uke Springsteen and does a nice version of "Atlantic City". I don't know if there's any online version of it.

Pictures of You. The chords and strum are the easy part, and now I have to stop being lazy and figure out some of the vamps in it to make it more interesting.

Brand New Day by Joshua Radin. It just makes me smile.

Atlantic City- brilliant choice.
Waits Jockey Full of Bourbon for me. The chords are easy...making it sound right not so much.
Lot's and lots of moldy oldies in my head too- Indiana being the one I play the most (Les Paul, Bob Wills etc.)

Everybody's Waiting for the Man With the Bag, Ken Middleton's The Water is Wide, Ukulele Hop, some Daddystovepipe fingerpicking blues, When You Wish Upon a Star and Nuages.

Jake's arrangement of Don't Stop Believin'. I've figured out about 3/4 of it but it's really sloppy. After that I'm going to try to relearn The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) and Matt Dahlberg's arrangement of Silent Night and Jingle Bell Rock.

The tabs/melody of California Dreamin. May take me months to play it reasonable well. And Christmas songs in general.

Oh I would love to do California Dreamin'. I'm a bit tabs-impaired. My brain just can't figure out a tab. It's like they're written for people with 20 fingers. I need chords-only, then figure it out from there. I slow, and envy you. :)

Top Bottom