FS: 2003 Kamaka HF-1 soprano with pickup $500 shipped U.S. only<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

janeray1940

Reaction score
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Aloha all! With Kamaka's recent price increases - the HF-1 now retails for $845! - I've decided to try this again. I posted this for sale some months ago and, frankly, was insulted with lowball offers in the $300 range. I'm not interested in giving this uke away, but am interested in selling it for a fair price. I'm selling it because it doesn't get played - I don't play amplified, my main players are my HP-1 pineapple and my HF-2 low G, and it makes me sad to see this beautiful little uke sitting neglected on my shelves. It wants to be played!

IMG_7109.jpgIMG_7111.jpgIMG_7113.jpgIMG_7115.jpgIMG_7114.jpg

I've owned this ukulele since June 2010. I bought it from a former choir director at the Saint Andrews Priory school in Honolulu, when they downsized their music department. I was told it was brand new and had never been played, and it certainly looked like it. The side of the headstock is marked Saint Andrews Priory in what appears to be black Sharpie - I was going to have a luthier remove this, but then decided it was a part of the history of the uke and I left it alone.

The uke was my main player for a few months, until I got my first concert uke. This uke is in very good, well-cared-for condition. It comes with the factory hardshell case and factory-installed passive pickup. It's currently strung with Martin M600 fluoros. This uke has 12 frets to the body and a total of 14 frets. I'll include a little Honeytone practice amp if you would like.

A few sound samples:

Sound sample with Aquila Concert strings (chords).
Sound sample with Aquila Concert strings (campanella melody).
Sound sample with Aquila Soprano strings.

Asking $500 shipped via UPS to CONUS. I will consider shipping abroad but only if the cost is not prohibitive, and if UPS will ship to your country and provide tracking and insurance.

Payment via Paypal.

Last edited:
hi Jane, shame you had difficulties in the past shipping overseas, otherwise the uke would have sold by now. Hope there's a US buyer for you, at that terrific price...all the best in the sale mate, wonderful ukulele

That's a beautiful ukulele, looks and sound. I hope you find a buyer!

Thanks Phil, me too! It pains me to see it not getting played, but only so many hours in the day...

If it was the pineapple I would be all over it, been wanting one of them for a while. Good luck with the sale

Ohhhhh you should get one! The pineapple is definitely my favorite uke.

$500?? That's a great price, especially in light of Kamaka's price increases. Should be snatched up in no time.

Good luck on the sale janeray. I was so tempted last time it was up for sale but the timing wasn't right. The price is good, particularly with the pickup.

Mods please close - the uke has been sold. Thanks UU for a quick and easy sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom