GUISC Rainbow Connection RESULTS THREAD!!

austin1

Reaction score
Happy almost Thanksgiving, America! And Happy Tuesday to everybody else!

Tomorrow is November 23rd, also known as the day Freddie Mercury confirmed he had AIDS, also known as the broadcast debut of Doctor Who, also known as that time Charlemagne arrived in Rome, also known as THE DAY OUR GUISC RESULTS START GOING UP.

That being said, if you participated, you can start putting up your videos and recordings here. And if you didn't participate, you can check them all out and enjoy them!

Go Go Gadget GUISC!

Exciting! Can't wait to hear everyone's arrangements!

I'm not going to make the deadline of the 23rd....been sick as a dog these past weeks and my project is unfinished. I will post it when finished though.

This turned out to be brutal. I figured out all the sections without using any open strings, so it definitely won't flow as well as Vincent did. And it's probably not an arrangement that I will enjoy playing much in the future. I can at least do the modulation. I think I'll start in Db and modulate to D.

I probably won't have the time to sit down and record (this will take several attempts I'm sure) until this weekend. But I will put up a recording as soon as I can.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's versions!

I've figured out the key for me (B flat to start, ending in B) and I've got an arrangement, but I'm still learning to play it (especially that third verse in B). Might not get it recorded til the next break from work in a couple weeks.

Rainbow Connection

My arrangement sounded kind of hollow by itself. At times it was all I could do to play a melody note over a single bass note, even when it felt like a fuller chord was needed (e.g., certain parts during the section with the descending bass line, before the modulation and at the end).

I had played this song before as an instrumental, either solo guitar or with string players - so I had some MIDI files based on the scores that I created for the ensemble. I transposed the files into my chosen ukulele keys (Db -> D) and assigned some synth pads.

It fills out the arrangement a little better, though it probably won't be everyone's cup of tea.

Great job !!! A very "zen" version that transmits well the atmosphere of the song. I enjoyed it.

You deserve a puppy !

Thanks for listening. I'm looking forward to hearing how others approached this tune.

Great job !!! A very "zen" version that transmits well the atmosphere of the song. I enjoyed it.

You deserve a puppy !

adorable_puppy-5242.jpg

That's the saddest puppy I've ever seen. It's as if someone stole his puppy candy and dognapped his puppy friends. And instead of playing outside he had to listen to my weepy song from the inside of a box with holes punched in the lid. It's interesting that the public keeps voting for these slow ballads - Yesterday, Vincent and Rainbow Connection. I'll start working on my arrangement of Barber's Adagio for Strings for the next one.

That's the saddest puppy I've ever seen. It's as if someone stole his puppy candy and dognapped his puppy friends. And instead of playing outside he had to listen to my weepy song from the inside of a box with holes punched in the lid. It's interesting that the public keeps voting for these slow ballads - Yesterday, Vincent and Rainbow Connection. I'll start working on my arrangement of Barber's Adagio for Strings for the next one.

I'm being such a fail at this song. It turned out to be way more difficult than I expected, and I hate my arrangement with all of my heart. The puppy probably does too.

I'm being such a fail at this song. It turned out to be way more difficult than I expected, and I hate my arrangement with all of my heart. The puppy probably does too.

Anything I can help with? Transposing, identifying melody notes, etc.? I don't mind talking about details, for those who want to get into it. Though I have to admit I'm out of my element when it comes to utilizing the re-entrant tuning. You could always do a multitrack. Or we can just all move on.

You can just forget the modulation at the end and play it with the same chords........that's where I'm at......cant get a clean version with the modulation. I'm gonna do it in a Kermitty G and hopefully post by next week if I can get rid of this ?(&?$( virus that has been slowing me down for weeks now.

Top Bottom