Which Case?

mangorockfish

Reaction score
How do you determine which case you will purchase for a new or even old uke? Is it the value of the uke, real or sentimental, or is it the cost of the case? I'm trying to decide what case would be appropriate for my Big Island.

I just buy the case that best fits my needs and my budget. I use a gig bag for my uke when I travel because it easily fits in overhead baggage or under the seat if I don't feel comfortable with it up there. Also it's just a lot easier to carry around. For my custom uke, I always keep it in a nice hardshell case because it's a pretty pricey instrument and I want the best protection. I've had cheaper less well made cases like the uke crazy ones that are perfect if you don't travel much with your uke, but I wouldn't recommend it if you travel a lot.

Almost every uke I've acquired came with a gig bag of some sort, so I didn't really feel the need to get another case. The one that didn't, I ended up getting a polyfoam case for it.

You can spend a lot of money on a nice case. But for a $200 or so uke, I don't think it's worth it.

Top Bottom