OT: Happy Turkey Day!!! Early....

rossjr

Reaction score
Since I probably won't be on-line tomorrow and many people are traveling, I just thought I would wish everyone an Happy Turkey Day!
May you all enjoy a great meal with the friends and family you are spending this with and if you are traveling, may the wind be at your back and may you have dry pavement to all your destinations.

Early? The Christmas decorations have been up at Macy's for weeks. :) I think the time for wishing people a happy Thanksgiving was the day after Halloween!

A great Thanksgiving to all! I hope that even those who have had very a difficult year are able to find something to be thankful for.

From one of my friends . . . Thanks, Rich! Y'all enjoy and be safe!
As we celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow I have a lot to be thankful for. I have a job, a wonderful family and great friends. I also live in a country that I love. As I give thanks tomorrow I'll be thinking of our women and men in uniform that aren't able to be with their families because they're defending us. Thank You

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving all! This is the first year I'll be celebrating without my GF, Annie. No bass player. I really miss her, but my friends are really supportive and sweet.

Happy Thanksgiving all! This is the first year I'll be celebrating without my GF, Annie. No bass player. I really miss her, but my friends are really supportive and sweet.

my condolences for your loss :(

Not relay into it this year. I wish I had more to be thankful about. But I've got a few 'little' things, like a Kala Pocket uke :D I think perhaps I'll wait for next year and just tally what there is onto that so then I will be especialy thankfull all at once if things work out or it will off set them if it doenst. I like to plan ahead :p

I am thankful for ukueles in general, this great website and forum, and the folks on here :)

As I live in the UK, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but my SO is American and does so I have some idea about the tradition...he's in Florida with his family this week, and I have a Thanksgiving themed song for tomorrow's DU :D

What am I thankful for? Great friends, family who loves me, the ability to have joy in playing music. I'm doing well at uni despite a few set backs, my health is stable as ever and this website brings me so much joy, I have a lot to be thankful for!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :D

:music:

Yeah that's a weird idea, that we should celebrate it around the world. There's plenty of Americans I know that don't think we should celebrate it at all. What's wrong with pausing to remember what's good in our lives? Absolutely nothing of course. It's the history of the holiday that some people have a problem with, and that history is what shaped my family, so I can't say I blame them.

If I were home, I'd celebrate it, and I miss not having it. But it's a personal choice for us all, and saying that the world should follow that example has some unexpected implications. Let's just add to the list that we're thankful we have the choice. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving! I'll spend it in my usual fashion: I'll get in a reading of "How Lucky You Are" by Dr. Seuss (my dad had it memorized and recited to my sister and I every year), listen to "Alice's Restaurant", spend a bit of time with the SO's family, call my folks and sister (1000 miles away), and get hammered.

Top Bottom