New uke day today!

Nickie

Reaction score
Today the postwoman, Liz, knocked on my door with a box in her hands. My BGF was at my house, and watched my eyes glaze over, and my hands shake, as I opened it. Soon, out came my new ukulele. I'm sure I was grinning from ear to ear.
It's a Kala KA-SMHCE-C. Hands still shaking, catching my breath, I tuned it quickly. I played the first song on it. It feels soooo good in my hands. It sounds so lovely, I brought it to work with me, so I can play it for my patient.
Mim did a great job setting it up, it feels perfect to play. I can highly recommend purchasing from her!
I can't wait to hook it up to my amp!

Today the postwoman, Liz, knocked on my door with a box in her hands. My BGF was at my house, and watched my eyes glaze over, and my hands shake, as I opened it. Soon, out came my new ukulele. I'm sure I was grinning from ear to ear.
It's a Kala KA-SMHCE-C. Hands still shaking, catching my breath, I tuned it quickly. I played the first song on it. It feels soooo good in my hands. It sounds so lovely, I brought it to work with me, so I can play it for my patient.
Mim did a great job setting it up, it feels perfect to play. I can highly recommend purchasing from her!
I can't wait to hook it up to my amp!

For coming out of a factory that model sounds really nice :) Enjoy

New Uke Day = BEST DAY EVER!

Congratulations and enjoy :-D

Congratulations on your new ukulele! My two-year old solid mahogany concert was my first ever ukulele, and it has a special place in my heart. I hope you'll post photos of yours when you have a chance.

Congrats on the new uke! I agree that Mim does a wonderful job!

Congrats on the New Uke! Happy NUD :D

And Mim is the best for setting up!!!

Hooray Nickie! I am so glad it got there and that you love it! Simple in look, excellent in construction and sound that one is! And it will just keep sounding better with time! Nickie is a joy to talk to and a great player yall!

For coming out of a factory that model sounds really nice :) Enjoy

Factory models sometimes get a bad rap. The whole thing is, they are great instruments and they are made in such a way as to be affordable to the buyer. So it is a way to get an affordable but good sounding uke, but I am a big advocate of a proper set up. But since they are made in bulk they do not get the individual attention that customs get. That is where I, and some of my fellow dealers, come in.

I set up each and every one of my ukes, and because of this, I know how important it is, especially on factory made models that maybe dont get the individual TLC of the handmade ukes. There has not been one uke that I have sent out without some modifications of some sort to nut, bridge, saddle, or frets (unless of course they are one of my Hawaiian hand-made custom ukes). So if I dont have a uke in-stock, I often send customers to other dealers that I know do a set up and personal attention on the ukes they sell. I know it can make a world of difference between liking your ukulele and LOVING your ukulele! Sometimes a ukulele has unexplained buzzing issues that can be cause from something that sometimes only takes 5 min to fix. It can cost a lot to get even the slightest problem fixed by a local luthier that may not specialize in ukulele.

Ooops... got a bit off the subject. Just gotta give a shout out to well-made, well set-up factory made ukuleles. I am picky with the brands and models I do sell, but they are definately not to be thought poorly of, especially at their price point.

Last edited:
Congrats. We need pics of the new arrival and initial thoughts, once you get off the new Uke Jones that is.

P.S. Mim, we all appreciate the tlc you add to the buying experience.

Top Bottom