What is that ONE uke you have been dying to get?

Ryan<3Ukes

Reaction score
There's a lot of ukes I really want. However there is probably that ONE uke that'll probably be above all the others. I don't have a specific brand in mind but I do have some custom specs in mind.
A Tenor uke with Solid straight Koa body w/ a cutaway, abalone rosette,abalone purfling,curly koa binding,dual sound holes and ebony pin bridge looks really good in my head.
A solid koa neck, slotted ebony headstock, ebony fretboard with an abalone dragon running down from the 1st fret to the last, with Worth clears and a fishman active pickup. :drool:
:iwant:

Your ideas can be more simple than mine of course Lol and it doesn't have to be custom.

Mine would have to be the Custom I'm saving up for...english yew body, ebony fretboard, will have my name on it somewhere...ooo, :iwant: After Christmas I should have enough in my pot for it! :D

G-string M1 standard - although they seem to be out of production :iwant:

G-string M1 standard - although they seem to be out of production :iwant:

Hey there willisoften, guess what? We just got some G-strings in. I looked and we have 1 m1 standard! :)

The one I just got today!

There's a lot of ukes I really want. However there is probably that ONE uke that'll probably be above all the others. I don't have a specific brand in mind but I do have some custom specs in mind.
A Tenor uke with Solid straight Koa body w/ a cutaway, abalone rosette,abalone purfling,curly koa binding,dual sound holes and ebony pin bridge looks really good in my head.
A solid koa neck, slotted ebony headstock, ebony fretboard with an abalone dragon running down from the 1st fret to the last, with Worth clears and a fishman active pickup. :drool:
:iwant:

Your ideas can be more simple than mine of course Lol and it doesn't have to be custom.

You might want to rethink the koa neck. It's going to be a LOT heavier than some of the more common choices, and depending upon the particular piece chosen, sometimes not as stable. I like Spanish cedar or Honduran mahogany with carbon fiber reinforcement. (The CF is not absolutely necessary but cheap insurance.)

Well, for me it would be a vintage Roy Smeck Vita uke. Those seal shaped sound holes and the teardrop shape, I think they are super cool and from what I can see, the best of what Harmony produced.

Until I played it, I didn't know that the KoAloha Sceptre Tenor was the ukulele I had been waiting for.

Yes, I've played a few others that I want, but nothing that felt so completely right when I played it - and still does, each and every time.

That doesn't mean that there will never be another ukulele that speaks to me the way the Sceptre did - I won't know that until I've played them all. (g)

-Kurt​

I already have the one ukulele I want, but it's badly broken. It's my first ukulele, a Lyon & Healy Camp Uke. I still haven't had the heart to talk to a luthier to see if it's reparable.

You might want to rethink the koa neck. It's going to be a LOT heavier than some of the more common choices, and depending upon the particular piece chosen, sometimes not as stable. I like Spanish cedar or Honduran mahogany with carbon fiber reinforcement. (The CF is not absolutely necessary but cheap insurance.)

I had that feeling and it I actually forgot to ask about that so thank you ! :) Sadly, I've never owned a solid koa uke before so I kind of went overboard. I like the shiny(gloss finish and the abalone I mentioned) and I like the sound of koa though. I'm happy with what I have though... ok not really I have to have more.

Well, for me it would be a vintage Roy Smeck Vita uke. Those seal shaped sound holes and the teardrop shape, I think they are super cool and from what I can see, the best of what Harmony produced.

I have one. It is a special ukulele. Very unique sound-old timey. Quite playable. Curly mahogany. They are hard to find in perfect condition. The one I have had a side crack that I repaired. If you can get one, you should.

Mmmm, that's a great uke. It's on my list, too, but the top of my list is the Ludwig Banjo Ukulele, gold plated with crowns. I'd need $4-5K, so it's not likely I'll get one until after I pay for the girls' weddings in about 15 years...

I dare not speak its name, but I have a tattoo of its namesake. Only the luthier knows for sure. It makes my latest battle with UAS so tough. I have money to burn and I start window shopping, and it's .. "No! Stop it! Bad Plainsong!" The wait to get there and the wait to get it built will be so worth it though.

I dare not speak its name, but I have a tattoo of its namesake. Only the luthier knows for sure. It makes my latest battle with UAS so tough. I have money to burn and I start window shopping, and it's .. "No! Stop it! Bad Plainsong!" The wait to get there and the wait to get it built will be so worth it though.

I have $2000 saved up that I could spend on anything :/ I need to save for a car though :( If only we could ride ukuleles

For me, the next dream uke would be a Kamaka HF-3 with curly koa top, sides and back with an ebony bridge, fingerboard and headstock with MOP KK and fret markers. Simple, not too much bling. Undecided if I want rosewood binding on the top only and a MOP rosette.

Nice thing about dreams is that you can always make more after you check one off. Next would be a MB curly koa cutaway tenor with the amazing dragon inlay (to reflect my Chinese name) and a DeVine curly koa tenor (or long neck concert) with the hibiscus soundhole!

Dreams are free so dream big! :)

Top Bottom