What's the average age of a ukester??

How old are you??

• Total voters

Dan Uke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'm 40 and wondering how old everyone is? If there is a gathering, would we have things in common besides our love for the uke? Secondly, I just started and wondering if people take ukes seriously or practice hard at a young age as they do with other instruments? I guess if I had a second part to the poll it would be at what age did you really start practicing or take uke seriously?

Last edited:
I came into the uke late. I started (and started practicing seriously) last year. I am 36.

23 here, I started when I was 21

58. I started when I was 57.

17. I started when I was 15.

48, and i started when I was 48 :D

54 - started just about a year ago.

-Kurt​

46- no wait, just turned 47. I started with the uke about 3 years ago and just did chord progressions and strumming patterns. I have just started to really get serious about it this year.
Ernest

Funny, I thought we had more of the younger cats in the forum, I figured the Under 20 and the 20 to 30 would outnumber everyone.
Ernest

Funny, I thought we had more of the younger cats in the forum, I figured the Under 20 and the 20 to 30 would outnumber everyone.
Ernest

I knew it would be an older crowd cuz it seems like everyone owns several ukes!! I barely could afford my meals when I was in my early 20s!!

46. I got my first uke when I was 7 but did not take it, nor the piano, nor the guitar, nor the bass, seriously enough to make any progress. Picked up a uke again at 44 and it was as if all of a sudden, music made sense to me. I guess I was finally ready for it!

47 years under my belt. Though if you were to talk to my wife she'd likely say that my maturity is closer to 11 (given my affinity for Bugs Bunny, Godzilla, Ren & Stimpy, and the Three Stooges).

Picked up the uke in a not-so-serious way for the first time when I was in my late 30's. Took it up again, for reals, earlier this year. It just fits.

30, started at 28... Wish I would have started sooner!!

I came into the uke late. I started (and started practicing seriously) last year. I am 36.

You came into the uke EARLY by my reckoning :p

Aloha all,
Then 9 or 10, now 65 years young. Off and on player forever, dedicated player for 14 months.....................BO..........

Top Bottom