Easy ukulele picking songs

Bob-in-Alberta

Reaction score
Hi. I'm really new to the ukulele and can't sing as well so I'm looking for easy songs that can be picked out on my ukulele. I've found a few and my wife can even recognise "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" now so I must be doing something right but I'm looking for more. Does anyone know of a site that has popular songs with the actual music shown that also shows picking tabs with maybe the occasional cord thrown in? I've searched but haven't found anything yet so I figured it didn't hurt to ask.

Some of the tab here is pretty beginner-friendly. Also check here, some of the arrangements are graded 1-4 so depending on the level of challenge you are looking for, you ought to find something there (including Twinkle Twinkle, which sounds so much more sophisticated as Ah! Vous Dirai-je, Maman in French!).

@janeray: Thank you for those links!

Here's a site that sounds like what you are describing.

Check out capotastomusic.com. It may be just what you are looking for. Tabs for uke as well as many other instruments.

Thanks. I had found capotastomusic.com and it is great. I am looking for more onto the same formatting. I'm hoping that if I play the tabs with the actual notes right above them that eventually I'll program myself to just play by note only. Might be just wishful thinking but......

Some of the tab here is pretty beginner-friendly. Also check here, some of the arrangements are graded 1-4 so depending on the level of challenge you are looking for, you ought to find something there (including Twinkle Twinkle, which sounds so much more sophisticated as Ah! Vous Dirai-je, Maman in French!).

Thanks for the links Janeray. I'm practicing on "Tears in Heaven" at this time! :)

Top Bottom