Brand New Day

Canoe Lady

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Last night at midnight when I got home from work, I drifted through my usual routine of checking e mails, etc, then got out the uke to run through a few tunes before bed.

Then I thought, "Hmm, I wonder how well the video recording on my ipad works?"

Well, before you know it, almost 3 hours had passed, I had set up a very interesting way to hold the ipad at the correct angle (very creative...I should have taken a pic of that), and had recorded about 50 takes of this song. I thought I had a decent take, so I uploaded it to you tube while I slept.

This morning when I looked at it, I decided I didn't like it well enough, so duplicated the whole set up again this morning. It didn't take nearly as long today.

Is it perfect? Heck no! I have this tendency to speed up during a song like this, no matter how hard I try to concentrate on keeping it relaxed.

This is dedicated to a friend of mine who is going through a tough time. I keep hoping she will wake up to a Brand New Day.

:) Thanks for sharing! Enjoyed it!

That was great!

By the way, what strings do you have on your Kamaka? It sounds really good!

Awesome! I'm a big fan of Joshua Radin!

That was great!

By the way, what strings do you have on your Kamaka? It sounds really good!

Thanks! I have Martin Fluorocarbons on it and love how it sounds. I actually picked up this uke this spring on ebay, but it needed a little TLC and I didn't have time to get to it until this week. I polished it up, tightened the tuners and put on the new strings, and was amazed at how lovely it sounded. I haven't been able to put it down in days. Amazing sustain....like forever.

Aloha D,
Wow wee that kamaka and you sings...loved every second of it..Swwwweeeeeet...May you have a Happy Thanksgiving...
wee maybe a bit of SC in the cocoa to cut the cold weather...

Great song, great version. It sounds nice on the Uke. Thanks for sharing

beautiful song CL, lovely performance. Those lyrics really spoke to me too as I hope they do for your friend. Just loved the smile at the finish...Blessings mate and happy thanksgiving to you and your family. :)

Great, liked it alot. What do you think of the Ipad, I am considering buying one?

Thanks Guys.

Jon, you and my friend have a lot of things in common, so I hope she also gets something from the lyrics.

Uncle Leroy, I love the iPad way more than I ever thought I would. It is flippin' amazing. My husband got it for me for my birthday, and because of it, I no longer have to travel with the following items: laptop, books, ukulele music, movies....it's all in there! That is going to save so much luggage room when I go back to Maui this winter. I also got an adapter so I can upload photos to share with my friends while on my journeys. And now with the Kindle Fire being out, I would guess the price would drop. Happy shopping!

Great job- hope it hits your friend right where she needs to be hit. Nice little tune for lifting the spirits

Top Bottom