Ukulele for sale Pearloid headstock<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me wonder who stenciled "The Gibson" on a Harmony uke.

The tuners look like the ones on a Roy Smeck Harmony - I'd like to see the bridge, for comparison.

And the OP will sell it for $175!! I wonder where the decimal point is supposed to go in that figure....

-Kurt​

I would hazard a guess this was not made by Harmony either. The shape of the body is not a Harmony shape.

Didnt Gibson make some ukes with a Bakelite fretboard? Not saying this is one, because I dont think it is, but pretty sure they do exist....

Here ya go....Gibson poinsettia with a bakelite fretboard.....they should have painted a flower on it when they stenciled the headstock......It still is kind of cool though.....nothing Id pay 175 for, but cool none the less.....I like the use of screws as fret markers as well....sign of quality there.....IMG_0131_1.jpg

Last edited:
I'd have to agree with you, hmgberg. It looks a lot like a Kay uke, especially in the body shape.

Also look at the phillips head screws by the first and last frets (second picture). My vote is a Kay

Last edited:
Not trying to be a jerk, but if you paid 50 bucks for it, and have no clue what it is or what its actually worth isnt 175 a hell of a markup? If it were me Id start a thread first to ascertain what it is you have before slapping a random price on it and throwing it up here. If it is a vintage Kay (which it really looks like it is). Then honestly 50 bucks is about what its worth........maybe less since someone screwed with the headstock, and you cant even call it a Kay anymore....heres a link to a similar one on Ebay.....again not trying to be an ass about it, just imparting my 2 cents worth.....which is usually worth less than 2 cents......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-KAY...120?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b724d550

Not trying to be a jerk, but if you paid 50 bucks for it, and have no clue what it is or what its actually worth isnt 175 a hell of a markup? If it were me Id start a thread first to ascertain what it is you have before slapping a random price on it and throwing it up here. If it is a vintage Kay (which it really looks like it is). Then honestly 50 bucks is about what its worth........maybe less since someone screwed with the headstock, and you cant even call it a Kay anymore....heres a link to a similar one on Ebay.....again not trying to be an ass about it, just imparting my 2 cents worth.....which is usually worth less than 2 cents......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-KAY...120?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b724d550

Eh. If he wants to list it for $175, more power to him. It probably won't sell, but there have been others with some huevos who posted their stuff for way more than it was worth. One guy even asked like $200 more than his purchase price (one picture had the tag with the price on it!).

Is this uke worth $175? Nope. Maybe not even the $50 he paid. But he can ask what he wants, I suppose. If nothing else, he's got ambition!

Congrats...regardless of what price you paid or sold it for, you have a right like everyone else.

regardless of what price you paid or sold it for, you have a right like everyone else.
I would agree with that. However, buying stuff at a yard sale and trying to sell it in your first post at a specialized forum like UU without regard for the protocol here or knowing anything about the item for sale shows rather poor form.

UUers are right to be suspicious/skeptical under the circumstances. I've bought three ukes here without a problem, but all of the sellers were established members of the community.

Caveat emptor.

I agree 100 percent, wasnt trying to trash the guys rights to sell.

Unless caveat emptor's definition changed, commenting on $175 as hell of a markup was trashing the guy.

I don't mean no harm and not to be an ass about it so no offense. Since I said my last comment, everything I say prior is ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom